FUGGET!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday

Its been my experience that the harder I have had to work to get a target out the less likely it is to be a gold one, the worst part is once you get some depth and you think you are in virgin ground your committed, even though your head is telling you its bound to be crap you slog away only to be disappointed, I don't know about you guys but I just have to know what it is right or wrong, so on I go regardless, have dug through cap rock to find myself in a long abandoned rabbit warren full of trash, and have dug a meter or more in 45* heat to find a coke can that had been shoved down a bore hole, walked over a booming target on the downslope of a hill in what appeared to be virgin ground and so convinced I was on the retirement nugget called the mate over to see, and continued to dig down while I waited for him to turn up only to find at about 2 feet deep I was on to a pile of aluminum foil, remnants from some sort of seismic testing or whatever, have found several of those now in other areas but as always cant help but to dig them just to be sure.

The moral of the story is that the only thing that would be worse than those before mentioned situations would be to come back to to a spot and find a bloody great hole and then hear that someone had pinged a huge nugget, and know full well that you had been there had a bit of a scratch and then walked away from it, you would kick your own ass, so at the end of the day its may be better to have been wrong than to have been right, never ever walk away from a target until you know what it is, second to that to this day I still think about spots that I half heartedly investigated deep ground noises (when I was a bit green) and them walked away from them, and I cant remember where exactly they were now :poop:

cheers

StayyerAU

Hi guys
Thought I'd share my fugget experience with you all.
Went out to the local goldfields here in SA to test out my new 12" evo coil that I partnered up to my F1A4 level 3. Heard alot of great comments about this coil and was really eager to get out and give it a swing.
Been out for about an hour experimenting with different settings and finding quite a few lead shot of all different sizes and depths so I was reasonably happy with the coil performance even if it wasn't any yellow in the targets.
I then came past this target that gave a reasonably good signal, certainly one worth digging that's for sure. Atleast half an hour later and a hole over 2ft deep the detector was screaming at the bottom of the hole. I thought it might of been getting some ground balance issues when the hole got deeper but the target sound got louder and louder the deeper I got.
I decided to press on and eventually I found my fugget ??????.
1554872947_imag0994_compress_94.jpg
1554872970_imag0992_compress_87.jpg
1554872982_imag0993_compress_67.jpg

Yep, It's been running through my mind how it is a alloy can ends up in a whole that deep in the middle of nowhere and with reasonably compacted soil on top which shows its been there for sometime. Whatever the reason it was disappointing but good to know my detector picked something up that deep without any problems.

Latest posts