Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has there been any update/progress on this? I read from the beginning and not entirely sure I understand, is this just Vic bush areas or everywhere?

12.30 Treasury Gardens Melbourne meeting place , marching up Spring ST to Parliament House BUGU needs as many as possible to attend this march bush walker ,timber workers ,motor cycle riders, shooters ,climbers ,prospectors any one who uses the bush for hobby work or recreation PLEASE ATTEND :Y:

Come on folks!
Fight for your Rights, because there are groups of people that ARE fighting to take AWAY your Rights!
Those that fight hardest win. Those that do nothing will always lose.

Unfortunately my old mans bday. Dont think hes got many left so I best be spending that day at home. Anyway see how it pans out.

1562565631_fb_img_1562554066615.jpg

A Tuesday at 12:30 counts me out. I'll be at work, as I assume many others will be.
They'd get a better attendance on a weekend. Why Tuesday?

Parliament does sit on weekends. No one would be "Home".
It must be during the week so that we are noticed.

Fair call, but I have to wonder how many will turn up to be noticed.

A big crowd on the weekend can be covered by the media to be noticed too.

Hi Guys & Gals
I haven't been in for a while to keep you up to date as to what is happening. But Bush User Groups United (BUGU) Admin team have be working hard behind the scene on your behalf, to try and stop the push by our Governments to either restrict or ban recreational activities within your bush. This month (August) BUGU are having some major events happening. We will be at the 4x4 Fishing & Camping Expo at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds from the 16th till the 18th. Aug. in Hall No.1 Stall No. EP290 This will be in combinations with the PMAV. You can sign our petitions. Purchase our latest BUGU car stickers. Buy a BUGU Tee Shirt. Purchase PMAV merchandise or pay your membership fees. Or just come along and say "Hello" Each year there is over 35,000 people that come to this expo.

Then on Tuesday the 27th August we are having a mass rally and march of all bush users to the steps of Parliament House. Assembly will be at the Treasury Gardens in Spring St at 12 noon and then march down Spring St to Parliament House at 1pm, where we will be met by Politicians. Also on that day our Petition to the Legislative Council will be presented to the Upper House of Parliament by Melina Bath MP. We are also hoping on that same morning we will be on "Good Morning Sunrise" then the "Neil Mitchell" show on 3AW before the rally.
We are hoping between 5,000 & 10,000 will turn up to the voice their concerns and show the Government that we won't tolerate any more restrictions or closures of our bush.
But for us to do this we need your full support and attend the rally. We realise it is a week day and many work. But we are asking people to take the day off. Have a sicky, take one days annual leave, take an RDO. What ever. We need your support. If we don't get the numbers I can almost promise you that you could lose your bush and your activities for ever. One day out of your lives could mean many year of future enjoyment. Week days is also the only time that Politicians sit at Parliament House and the press gallery are there as well. So Be Seen, To Be Heard.
Wombat ;)
1565224393_your_bush_is_under_threat_poster.jpg

1565224985_4x4_fishing_amp_camping.jpg

Thanks for the update Wombat :Y: unfortunately I will not be able to make this rally I am unable to reschedule my work commitments on this day, but I will ask family and friends to attend.

Great to see you will be at the 4x4 & Outdoor Expo, again unable to attend due to family holiday. Good luck with both events :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

News break... Transport workers are calling a strike on Tuesday 27th August between 10am and 2pm.
Trains and tram drivers are stopping work, effectively shutting down our transport system in Melbourne.

Talk about bad timing for people hoping to catch the train or a tram into the city for this rally.

Looks like only driving in now, unless they get into the city on the last rides before the 10:00am shutdown, and wait til after 2:00pm to get home again.

Where are 5,000-10,000 people going to park in the city?

We think that V/lines that runs regional rail may not be affected. But if it is most people will have to catch a train before 10am anyway to get to the City on time. For others living in the outer city areas I suggest they catch a train before 10am and just enjoy their time in the city and take a casually walk up to Treasury Gardens in Spring St. Getting back home won't be a problem as the Rally is expected to finish by 2pm anyway. Fingers Crossed that even the 27th rail strike will be called off. The union has called of their other tactics so far but still has the 27th action hanging over people's head.
wombat ;)

There has been buses organised to come down to the Melbourne Protest Rally on Tuesday 27th August. Buses coming from Ballarat, Bendigo, Sale, Mansfield, Maryborough & Barmah

The Bus from Maryborough is a free trip there and back. Leaving from the Maryborough Railway Station, 8.30am sharp.

Pick up at Newstead pub 8.45 / 9.00.

Castlemaine pick up on the corner of Forest st./ Pyrenees Hwy & Midland Hwy near the traffic light behind IGA 9.00 / 9.15am

Return to Maryborough about 5.30 pm

For seat bookings ring Tony Mills on 0427615067

More details on the other buses shortly

wombat ;)

Latest posts