WW2 Victory Medals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
My most recent find. A tin with three WW2 victory medals. From what I have been told and found out there was 1.15 million of the silver ones minted. I have been informed by Sheridan the maker of the bronze ones that the figure for them is unknown. From there records they can tell me it is between a few hundred to a few thousand. If anyone knows any differs please let me know.

1554712489_img_0912.jpg

1554712489_img_0913.jpg

1554712490_img_0915.jpg

1554712490_20190407_115836_resized.jpg

Now that's a good tin to find hey ! :Y:
was it in the rafters ? :eek:

If you google the words on the medals it should come up with some info.

Awesome find,someone must have buried them,I wonder why? I found a copper version of the silver one.I didn't know a silver version existed.Apparently every schoolchild in Australia got one to celebrate the end of WW2.I wonder who received the silver version.
1554725285_image.jpg

Possibly someone who did not want them or their family members wearing them.... probably spread a story that they were stolen after they buried them..... mystery and intrigue
;) :p

Sounds like a childs treasure hunt game to me, so shallow and in a tin.

Adults have a different way.

The medals may have been given to the child for the games entertainment, I have done this as a kid.
AND did forget where the stuff was hidden, dont remember what I hid either,

But do misplace things now too...... maybe I was old then ? :rolleyes:

BUT very nice find, and now they are not lost, but appreciated. :)

Latest posts