MinView V NSW Forestry maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to make plans for an upcoming trip and have been using MinView to see where I can and can't Detect. Jumped onto to the NSW forestry page to download some maps. Had it all planned. Looked at the Forestry maps and the area I want to go to says it has a lease on it?? I've got all the lease types ticked off in MinView and it says there is no lease here. Which one is correct? :(

I think you'll find the leased areas in State Forests refer to leases over the land not mining/minerals type leases.
State Forests do lease some areas within forests to landholders for grazing etc. Unfortunately being under lease pretty much makes those areas the same as private property in that you would need the leaseholders permission to access.

Had a fiddle with it and it says the same as MinView. Big thanks Bob. That site is going in the bookmarks. :Y: :Y: :Y:

mbasko, will make a backup plan just in cases

Just to add the NSW State Forest maps will be current too if you're using the interactive ArcGIS ones. The older archived pdf files that you can still download on the interweb would now be outdated.
That NSW State Forests ArcGIS map application will have the only + most up to date info on NSW State Forest leaseholds & no go zones (other than minerals leases).
NSW State Forest interactive ArcGIS map application for anyone wanting to check an area:
https://fcnsw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=db08e563e1b6403fabde1ce901389fa2

Bugger. Looks like the half thought plan B is now plan A. Thought there was another mapping resource I had seen somewhere. Thanks mbasko

Latest posts