⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1550986995_5a48a7f8-c622-4aeb-bb05-05355170c0ed.jpg

1552115872_coles_bridge_9-3.jpg

1552115873_pick.jpg

Was going to head to Autofest at mount panorama but thanks to a dentist cleaning me out i thought i would get out for a few hours instead and go panning at coles bridge,
Managed to find a pick, a leach and a few specs of gold, the river is down and not flowing but there is a few pockets of water to pan in so this is today's haul for 4 hours

Very inspiring thread! Planning to head out this weekend for my first ever try.

Will a twenty litre bucket be big enough to hold all my gold do you think? :p

Went out with the Wife and kids today and had a great time on out first ever attempt.

Spent about four hours out there and found the majority in the very first spot we looked at. But it tapered off quickly after that.

Not enough to retire on, but heaps of fun for our first go. :D

QeWiMIl.jpg

YuykM8r.jpg

Thanks guys! Was definitely a great day out.

The fever set in weeks ago watching a heap of YouTube videos. Haha!

I think it helped a heap though, as I had a rough idea where I should look, along with a hint of an idea how to work a pan.

From what I understand it is extremely fine down here in the far south coast (Pambula area), so I was pretty happy to see some colour in the pan at all.

Not to shabby for where you went. :) :)
You can PM me as I would be keen to go out again around Pambula.

Tathradj said:
And I know who you are...

Me or him?

Small world. I know who you are as well, we seven bantered for a few hours several years ago. :Y:

I went out for a crack today for about four hours and found absolutely nothing at all. The highs and lows of this hobby hey? Haha!

Moderator Edit.
All Good Jazz.
Thread is cleaned up. :)
Look forwards to seeing you in the field some time. :)

Jazz said:
Went out with the Wife and kids today and had a great time on out first ever attempt.

Spent about four hours out there and found the majority in the very first spot we looked at. But it tapered off quickly after that.

Not enough to retire on, but heaps of fun for our first go. :D

https://i.imgur.com/QeWiMIl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YuykM8r.jpg

well done on your finds i havent been down the coast road panning yet but have traveled the inland way to the Vic border (Braidwood, Cooma, bombala via back roads then Delegate) panning each river and creek that had water/puddle and did find some good colour in a few hope to do it again later this year

Well done Jazz. It is a great feeling when you see that bit of colour in the pan.

My partner and I went out ourselves and did a bit of panning and fossicking for some nice rocks. It was a great day even though we didn't find any gold. I think it is a lovely hobby to share with the family.

Thanks for sharing and good luck on your next outing, K.

I had to head to Narooma for work today, so I thought I'd pack the gear and see if I got a chance to have a look around.

I ended up pretty proud of myself as I had a two minute look on Google Maps, before I left home, to see where I'd hang out if I were gold and found a spot right in the fossicking zone in the state forest.

Only got to play around for about an hour or so but came up with this.

PRKuJ9Y.png

So this place is certainly on my 'to do' list. Looks bigger in the photo, but these specs measure roughly 1mm across. Not too bad for someone who started this hobby two weeks ago.

Couldn't be happier though, as I found this place all on my own :D

I can certainly understand what they mean by the pan being the best tool, it doesn't lie. My panning action must be ok, I am guessing.

Oh, I even bought home a bucket for the Wifey to go through. So there may be more to add to the collection with a bit of luck. Whadda guy! :p