Nugget finder 12 Inch Mono evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yellowmellow said:
if they are a dud ill be selling mine

Not understanding what you are referencing? Have you been told they are a dud? Have you just purchased one?

Was it new or second hand? Be good to hear your experiences with it once you'd had some time 'behind the wheel' :Y:

Mate..I dont know how you can say they are a dud. They are a great little coil suited for the GT. Sensitive, quiet and do go deep. Stick with it...and run it as low to the ground as you can.

Regards

Jack

I'm planning on getting one this week as my first new coil for my 4500.

I spent a long time reading through posts on here comparing various coils and decided I would go for the 12"NF and later on get the 15" later on, most the ground I'm in at the moment doesn't lend itself to a larger coil anyway.

Personally I've only had the 11" elite to compare too and I found it too be a bit bump sensitive and struggled with noise on some of the ground I was detecting in but it may have just been my settings.

yellowmellow said:
if they are a dud ill be selling mine

Hi yellowmellow,

I'm sure it won't be a dud and it will work out for you mate. Best of luck with it.

I hope you find some ripper pieces :Y: :goldnugget:

Cheers, NE.

Telling Ghosts said:
I'm planning on getting one this week as my first new coil for my 4500.

I spent a long time reading through posts on here comparing various coils and decided I would go for the 12"NF and later on get the 15" later on, most the ground I'm in at the moment doesn't lend itself to a larger coil anyway.

Personally I've only had the 11" elite to compare too and I found it too be a bit bump sensitive and struggled with noise on some of the ground I was detecting in but it may have just been my settings.

Hi TG,

Can I suggest you give PhaseTech a ring (a site sponsor) and have a chat with him about this. I am not sure what his advice may be but he may suggest you stick with what you have as the flat wound coils in similar sizes are very similar in regard to performance. Or he may give you a good price on the NF you want. he may even take your Detech as a trade (although he was recently trying to clear stock ;) )

PT sells Detech and NF coils so may also be able to help with settings or ways to minimise ground noise, securing coil cables better for reduced movement, or whatever. Worth a phone call I reckon.

Good luck with whatever you do :Y:

Gday

I found that the Nuggetfinder 12" evo coil was a tad noisy on my early model 4500, and still preferred to use the 11" commander mono which runs a bit quieter, my mate who has a later run model 4500 found it to run quietly on that as it also did on the 5000, so with that said some time back as I was told by someone in the know that the later run 4500's have the same circuit board as the 5000 but with a couple of the timings disabled, they run quieter are a little more sensitive than the early 4500's but seem to lack the depth, also I was told that the Coiltek elite coils are a better choice for the early 4500's so I purchased a 9" round elite mono to test out this season and see how that goes to replace my aging minelab 8" supergoldsearch mono's which are a really hot on small gold with amazing depth but can be a challenge to use on some ground if you are not used to them.

Depending on the ground you can do better with a quieter running coil, and it can be more of an advantage than a more sensitive coil, as I have found in my experience the quieter and more smoothly you can get the gpx's to run the better you will be able to recognise subtle target signals, its always a good idea to have a couple of choices of similar sized coils to use as the ground conditions can vary quite a bit from place to place.

cheers

stayyerAU

If an 11" elite seems noisy to run I cant imagine a 12" evo being much different since they would be pretty close in performance.

There were some issues with the coiltek 11" elite as some were very noisy and had to be returned/swapped for a replacement. My mate had one and no matter what he did it wouldn't run stable, his replacement is great though, have heard of several others having same issue but never heard of a bad nf 12" evo yet. Sometimes it's just pot luck but if yours won't run stable then I'd definitely be returning it.

I'm not sure if it's the same for all the Coiltek coils, but I was told by Coiltek that the lead on the 10x5 mono I was was having trouble with was the reason for it's bump issues. I was also told that the lead has been upgraded on the later models, and although I havent tested it thoroughly, the issues seem to be gone. Might be the same issue for the larger Coiltek coils people have mentioned??
Can't fault Coltek's commitment to quality and customer service... A+ :perfect:

I've heard a few people say the new Litz/flat wound coils can be chatty at times. Perhaps that's the trade off for the extra sensitivity?

depends what your expectations are!
great coil but you need to use a coil suited to search area maybe a bigger evo coil or elliptical

you will find gold but you need to walk over it to find it.
loads of guys use the coil but it is the old holdens and ford argument

i have used both evo and elite 14 and really both work well.

just spend sometime getting to know the coil and spend sometime walking and researching

cheers hh

Latest posts