GPX foam handle grip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The foam hand grip on my 5000 has worn out. I bought a new grip but haven't figured out how to get the old one off yet. Don't want to break it. Has anyone ever replaced one? Can't find any info on how to do it. Would have thought this would be common. How do you get that ring off at the top with the strap on it?

Hold the grip with two hands, and using your two thumbs push up on the plastic ring. It is quite tight but you won't break it.

After that, the old foam grip should come off pretty easy. If it's stuck, get some soapy warm water on your hands and squash it into the grip. Leave it for ten mins and the grip should just slide straight off.

Thanks Nenad, got it! Was a bit worried about applying too much force in case I was doing it wrong. But I did what you said and it came off. The plastic ring was the hard bit, after that the grip came off easy. New one went on easy. Feels heaps better with a new grip! :Y:

put a drop of dishwashing liquid on the top ring ,with the new rubber just a smear of liquid makes it easer to put on regards john :Y:

Latest posts