Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well IT will be nice to get all that feedback on its performance in the field (no deafening silence on that one please)

Looks like where will be a heap of these detectors hanging high up in a tree at Nundle in a few weeks. :lol:

Ok we gave it a quick run today (15 mins) while out at Mitchell's creek. I had the kids with me so couldn't go exploring too far.
It seems to be decent. Picked up a reasonably accurate location. I found loads of bottle caps, bits of steel etc lmao. I didn't expect to find any gold because we were only on the creek boundaries. Not too heavy, but arm got a bit tired after a while (hubby found it fine)
Did a few test items (ring, bit of wire etc) and it pinged fine. I don't have any nuggets to test whether it will pick them up though... Am happy to take donations of nuggets to test this... ;)
It seems to have a few different settings, but I just ran it on "all metals" and turned the sensitivity right up.
Any questions, just ask. :)

I picked this my first MD just to learn with today, at 810am only 4 left at our aldi, 16 units before me in 10 mins they went like hotcakes. The 3 others guys in front of me at the checkout were also newbies wanting to give it a go. Later in the morning at a local creek / park my findings totaled $11.20 in coins along with a hand full of sinkers bottle caps etc. Gave up after 30 Mins in the 42 degree heat ... so the findings paid for the batteries (as someone else mentioned also a bargain at aldi) and a beer after. The unit was easy to operate and served the purpose of the day... no gold but one day you never know.. I'm hooked!

Hurry up and get an Aldi in Adelaide for heavens sake, I need a cheap detector to go in the car for unexpected hunts! No online shopping option either. :rolleyes:

Got one today for my 8 year old daughter ok in all metal mode but discriminate and notch don't operate as claimed tested it on gold chain 2 rings current des & pre des coins 3 tone indi dose not work as claimed either some things that were not iron registerd as iron :( best result all metal is a dig everything machine but if it stops the can I have ago can I have ago & gets her interested than it worth the hundo :D

I've found that gold will sometimes fall in the iron range on my former x-terra 305. It would register as iron, expecially on air tests, but the target ID would change when in the ground, probably due to differing amounts of conductivity in the air compared to in the ground. The ID will also vary, depending on how deep the target is in the ground, too deep and the detector will be taking a guess at what the target actually is.

Ok thanks for that info very interesting as my profile shows I am a newbie to this site also a newbie to detecting after a lot of research decided on ace 250 about 6 month ago and having a ball have found a heap of peer des coin mostly penny 1/2 penny best find so far all came from same location first silver florin pope jhon Paul v1 commemorative medallion & 1919 victory medallion but still have lot to learn so every little tid bit helps

Hey Scotto, was your medallion similar to the one I found a while back? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=187, just curious :)

I didn't end up getting an aldi detector today, I was seriously contemplating it but decided I don't have the money spare at the moment and I already have a detector that currently isn't getting as much use as I would like (damn work always interfering with my life lol). The mother in laws BF got one so I'll be sure to ask if I can test it out and report back.

No mate bit different on head side has PAULUS V1 PONTIFEX MAXIMUS on front has globe above that I guess it the papal cymbale around edge has PEREGRINUS APOSTOLICUS IN AUSTRALIS AD MCMLXX think it was to commemorate first pope to visit Aussie doesn't have loop on top for chain instead hole punched in coin don't know if it spose to be there or if some one put it there so they can wear it? Purity :cool: though .

Nugget I purchased one at Tuggerah ALDI westfields they still had 20 left at 11am
Will be good to have in the 4x4 and not knock the AT about.
works great for a 100 buck machine.
Does what it said it will do.......5 10 20 50 cent pieces as well as $1 & 2 coins, Pulltabs, horseshoe nails. Pennies all tested in the ground at home. Doesn't like large metal objects at 2 inchs tends to be hit or miss (horse shoe) but it does state that in the manual.
Happy with results for $99.99 it will pay for it self in no time.
Old mum thinks I was weeding her garden and thanked me.
cheers
TheSmithy.

Bought two, took them to the local park found all manner of junk :lol: interestingly tested it on a .2 and a .5 nugget didn't pick up the .2 but picked up the .5 scraping the coil over it. Also noticed only the center of the coils work not the edges. Picks up all coins quiet easily, pretty good for 100 bucks

Cheers

Col

Being a sole parent have to take the ankle bite a every where I go so aldi detector was welcome bargain will keep her off my back so I can concentrate on what I'm doing

Air test aldi detector 50C SCRAP NOTC/DISC TONE MED,20C SCRAP/MED,10C RINGPULL/MED,5C-5C/GRUNT,$2 SCRAP-1C/MED,$1 SCRAP-1C/MED,9CT GOLDRING LARGE RINGPULL-IRON/MED,9CT GOLDRING SMALL5C-IRON/GRUNT,9C THICK GOLDCHAIN 5C-IRON/GRUNT,FLORIN 25C/HI,PENNEY 25C/HI,1/2 PENNEY25C/HI LOT OF FALSEING TO IRON

As I dont have Aldi up in cairns.. if anyone down south has the means to grab one gor me, i will fix you up for costs and postage. Pm if able to help me out.

Cheers Tone

The discrimination sux, but hey they work great, all metal mode is the go. Gives a solid signal on rings and any coin. Going to hit the beach in the morning.

Latest posts