Central West Investigation Consultation Summary - results released

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Results from the consultation summary to proposed changes by VEAC for central west have been released today. (well at least I got an email regarding them)

http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/documents/CWI Consultation Summary April 2019.pdf

Quick summary on prospecting was listed with these points:

Prospecting
prospecting is a popular activity across the investigation area, not just in the known goldfields
it is part of our cultural heritage
most people are fossicking with metal detectors and hand tools, not doing more damaging types of prospecting
prospecting does not damage natural or cultural values it is a very low impact activity and prospectors clean up rubbish including lead shot
there should not be any more restrictions on prospecting, as available areas for prospecting are being reduced across the state
prospecting should be restricted because some activities disturb the environment
many prospectors travel into local towns and add to the local economies
some people travel from interstate and internationally to prospect in Victoria

Good work from everyone who took the time to voice their concerns earlier this year.

The final report is stated to be released in June.

:Y: thanks TG interesting times ahead no doubt, I'm a little confused regarding the contradiction between Dot points 4 & 5. I've saved the pdf and will have a good read of the link :Y:.

RM Outback said:
:Y: thanks TG interesting times ahead no doubt, I'm a little confused regarding the contradiction between Dot points 4 & 5. I've saved the pdf and will have a good read of the link :Y:.

It just means the received feedback with opposing points of view which you would expect, on the whole though it seems most prospecting related feedback was positive.

Latest posts