⚠️ An Introducion to Prospecting - A Guide for Newcomers!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting familiar with what I'm going to face after retirement. LOL, driving around and digging for gold. :D

Great info. I only joined this site yesterday and I totally hooked already

Now I just need to sort out the right detector for me

Well there is some good information in here for beginners like my self I just brought myself a sdc2300 and looking forward to getting out there any hints to simplify my learning would be much appreciated as I live in the whipstick area

As a newbie to this forum i find it a great wealth of knowledge and to those members who post a lot interesting articles is fantastic ,i have been detecting twice now picking up interesting objects from the past Bullets,picks ,nails ,lead etc. So the enthusiasm is there and i look forward to the next trip. I'm still tying to get used to my detector,adjusting settings etc. Also learning more things from this forum. thanks

Cheers Nugget for the post, a treasure indeed as Noob in this arena there is much to learn,

Hey all,

New to all this doing allot of research no idea where to start with what to buy as a basic setup. Is it better to start with panning or okay to get straight onto a sluice? I'm located near wauchope nsw and far as I know there is a abundance of locations around the area. I'm keen to get out and about would prefer to look at old locations and learn what rocks or soil etc to look for as well. Any responses would be highly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Thankyou so much for all this incredibly handy info, for newbies like myself. Great place to start. I've been collecting stones since I was a kid, still go out looking at least once a month. Recently bought a metal detector MD-3006 looking forward to trying it out now that Springs warmer weather is here.
:sunny: :Y:

Latest posts