Rock sample

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up some rock samples a while ago, probably a year or 2, crushed a few through the mini crusher and ran it through a sluice and got some small specks of gold. But it wasn't heaps, and the rest of the rocks have just sat around home all that time. Just looking at them today in the sunlight, and this one looked like I could see gold visible in it with the naked eye. Had a look through the magnifier and it looks like gold:
1553749907_p3281044.jpg

Nothing like a Gold speccie. Hopefully more Gold in the other rock samples you got!
Hope you still remember where it came from. :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

Yeah I remember where it came from. If you crushed lots of it you would get a bit, but it's hard work for how much you get, and I can normally do better just sluicing creek gravel. Interesting though. Probably where it comes from before it gets in the creeks.

Brickies Acid, 32%w/v diluted 1part acid to 3parts water. and soak the specie in it overnight. Oh and remember the chemist Ryhme " Do like you oughta, add the acid to the water." Not the other way around.
This will dissolve the ironstone and expose more of the gold. :perfect:

Latest posts