Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtol29

Gary
Reaction score
Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector $99.99 on sale Saturday 4th January 2014

Thinking of getting one of these for my son to detect on his local beach.

What do you guys think would be ok just for general detecting or waste of money?

1388466259_wk01_pd_67a.jpg
1388466280_wk01_pd_67b.jpg

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...014/saturday-detail-wk01/ps/p/metal-detector/

LCD display and waterproof search coil
3 operation modes: all metal, disc & notch
18cm sensitivity
3 tone indicator
6.6kHz frequency
2 x 9V batteries required (not included)
8" diameter waterproof search coil allows for the metal detector to be immersed into shallow water
6.6kHz frequency allows the metal detector to respond only to metal objects and ignore other mineral objects
Complete with 3 tone indicator: a low tone for foil, nail, bottle cap or nickels. Medium tone for aluminium pull tabs, zinc or copper items. High tone is for brass or silver items.

Cheers

Gary

PS: Happy New Year to all :cool:

Mate - they actually sound OK. $100, reputable store, 1 year warranty. I can't find any reviews as such but as a detector for running around the beach and park - sounds OK to me. It may surprise you! Aldi also sell the sonic cleaners and mine has never missed a beat (touch wood).

I think I might get one of them cant hurt for 100 bucks getting the feel for detecting is cheap :)

Hi Loamer,

Thanks for the reply
I was thinking the same (they seem to sell reasonably good stuff) and with a 1 year warranty and only $100 I think I will get inline on Saturday morning to try and get him one.

Cheers Gary

Whats the worst thing that can happen? Shxts itself - take it back. Finds over $100 in coins and stuff - great. Kids will love it - no stopping them now! 2 x 9v batteries is a bit of juice too just quietly - interesting (consider the xterras only run 4x x AA). The only thing I would probably do is wrap the box in a clear plastic bag set-up to keep out the sand etc and I probably would not risk it in water - especially with kids who are prone to get the dropsies! :lol:

Hi, does anyone know if this machine can pick up Gold. It doesn't mention anything in the advertisement at Aldi

They do look ok . I'll be off to aldi as well . Good one for the missus or kids . But what if it's better than the ace 250??? Gaz

It looks exactly the same as the chinese Treasure Snoop sold by Jack Lange for $230 plus shipping, only the Aldi one is only $99, which is probably closer to what is worth.

Jack Lange version

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TREASURE...0111?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item4ac7d588ef&_uhb=1

Aldi version

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...014/saturday-detail-wk01/ps/p/metal-detector/

At 6.6kHz, it aint going to be a good gold detector, better on coins/relics, no idea on build quality, warranty etc, probably better off looking at a Garrett Ace 150 or 250 if budget can stretch that far (even they are hellishly over priced in Australia). If you want a good gold detector, might be better off looking second hand, there are a few Whites Goldmaster 2 and Goldmaster V-Sats on Gumtree at the moment, they run 50kHz and will be better for small gold. :)

Don't know about the detector but interesting if it is the same as a Jack Lange $230 model.
The great thing about Aldi is their refund/exchange policy .... they don't muck around and if you're not happy they'll gladly refund/exchange (best example. camera with a 12 mth warranty - exchanged no questions asked with days till the warranty expired .... other retails should take note).
Happy New Year to everyone,
Tom

I'm hoping to pick myself up one of these to keep in the car. Going by the advertisement, they look the goods for $100.

Can anyone tell me whether the Aldi metal detector advertised is any good for gold prospecting?
Just for a basic starter??
it says LCD display and waterproof coil, 3 operation modes: all metal, disc and notch, 18cm sensitivity, 3 tone indicator, 6.6khz frequency

would it be an okay starter???

Got there right on opening and were half gone! If u want one, go ASAP! We are off to give it a run today. :)

Also, aldi has 9V batteries for $2.49 each. Pretty good considering woollies were about $10 each