New Tyres On The Way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
Don't know what you call them there but here it is called a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi RR,

I must have missed a bit somewhere. What vehicle is it you have?

Cheers

Doug

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1553813144_ss2c.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1553813357_ss1.jpg

Struth John,

With all the lights, fridges, compressors, thermos's, tyre gauges etc that you were buying I thought that you had something decent like a Pinzgauer. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Don't know what you call them there but here it is called a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi RR,

Cheers

Doug

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1553813144_ss2c.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1553813357_ss1.jpg

Struth John,

With all the lights, fridges, compressors, thermos's, tyre gauges etc that you were buying I thought that you had something decent like a Pinzgauer. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

no wonder it has 4 batteries!
I can see those new tyres going pop under all the weight of the goodies

LOL, The 3 bigger batteries only weigh 73.5 kgs which is just the weight of a slim person, but saying that 2 of them are going in a camper So my truck won't be overloaded and it's GVM is about 5700kgs So no worries. :Y:

madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi RR,

Cheers

Doug

Struth John,

Cheers

Doug

It is decent and it drives like a new vehicle, Military vehicles are alright but they lack the comfort of a family vehicle, My original Plan was to buy a Unimog but there is a war raging over here against Diesel Vehicles After the GOV told everyone to buy Diesel powered cars and vans etc now they have changed their objective, And if you buy a larger petrol vehicle IE 2.0L and upwards they charge you more than double for the rego and insurance,

So a Challenger/Shogun is the best option plus it has a bare minimum of computer junk in it which makes it the better deal, and if they tighten the reigns any more my next plan is a Suzuki Jinmy or Vitara,

I don't have the freedom of choice that you guys have when it comes to Vehicles, I would rather have a Troopy but they don't sell them here and the only 70 series cruisers you see are older 2 and 4 wagon versions and they charge a fortune for them with over 3-400,000ks on the clock that have been flogged to death, I bought an 87/88 two door one back in about 2002 and the engine had piston slap and it was a 4cylinder Automatic painted in Toyota RED MICA from the factory lovely Truck but it needed too much money spent on the motor.

Also living in the City trying to park a Pinzgauer on narrow streets with smaller parking bays would cost you a fortune in Fines.

Ridge Runner said:
madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi RR,

Cheers

Doug

Struth John,

Cheers

Doug

It is decent and it drives like a new vehicle, Military vehicles are alright but they lack the comfort of a family vehicle, My original Plan was to buy a Unimog but there is a war raging over here against Diesel Vehicles After the GOV told everyone to buy Diesel powered cars and vans etc now they have changed their objective, And if you buy a larger petrol vehicle IE 2.0L and upwards they charge you more than double for the rego and insurance,

So a Challenger/Shogun is the best option plus it has a bare minimum of computer junk in it which makes it the better deal, and if they tighten the reigns any more my next plan is a Suzuki Jinmy or Vitara,

I don't have the freedom of choice that you guys have when it comes to Vehicles, I would rather have a Troopy but they don't sell them here and the only 70 series cruisers you see are older 2 and 4 wagon versions and they charge a fortune for them with over 3-400,000ks on the clock that have been flogged to death, I bought an 87/88 two door one back in about 2002 and the engine had piston slap and it was a 4cylinder Automatic painted in Toyota RED MICA from the factory lovely Truck but it needed too much money spent on the motor.

Also living in the City trying to park a Pinzgauer on narrow streets with smaller parking bays would cost you a fortune in Fines.
Bloody hell !!
Sounds like a push back to the dark ages
Maybe you should have kept Toyota, ripped out the motor and hitched up some horses
Or buy a Delorian wagon ;)

Sandta said:
Ridge Runner said:
madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:

Struth John,

Cheers

Doug

Bloody hell !!
Sounds like a push back to the dark ages
Maybe you should have kept Toyota, ripped out the motor and hitched up some horses
Or buy a Delorian wagon ;)

Yeah I think your right there mate, the Toyota was good, before that I had a Mk2 pajero and before that I had a V8 Discovery, Jeeze that was a thirsty brute, It would do as little as 10 to 12 mpg, Good motor crap gearbox, always clunked between 1st and 2nd and vice versa.

Latest posts