Detecting SAs Equinox 600 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guessologist said:
Hah if only more people knew how many spiders were out doing the rounds at night time, it's insane! I'm down with spiders during night time detecting sessions, but bull ants give me the bloody creeps. Always feel like they're sneaking up my boots when I spot a nest in the headlamp...

It was insane, there had to be hundreds of them! Ive clearly never seen anything like it.. if I had Id have never been out there in the first place :lol:

I can do 1 or 2 spiders, but when they start organising themselves into platoons is where I draw the line! :lol:

LOL

Ya big sissy !

Was cleaning out our pool that had reeds in it, dried out from summer, about 10 sq m, there would have been well over a hundred or two
of the things running around about the size of a 50c piece, and some water spiders like BIG huntsman's.

Over shoes and up arms, flick em off and keep working, the wife too wasnt phased.

Miss 14 was walking in a park with her friend and she felt something on her arm, redback, just flicked it off - what do I teach them :eek: LOL

Nothing in the pool now, suspect the birds have had em if they didnt go elsewhere and hide. :cool:

BULL-ANTS .... no thanks.

Greenhornet_au said:
LOL

Ya big sissy !

Was cleaning out our pool that had reeds in it, dried out from summer, about 10 sq m, there would have been well over a hundred or two
of the things running around about the size of a 50c piece, and some water spiders like BIG huntsman's.

Over shoes and up arms, flick em off and keep working, the wife too wasnt phased.

Miss 14 was walking in a park with her friend and she felt something on her arm, redback, just flicked it off - what do I teach them :eek: LOL

Nothing in the pool now, suspect the birds have had em if they didnt go elsewhere and hide. :cool:

BULL-ANTS .... no thanks.

Haha guilty as charged, me and the spiders have an agreement. They dont mess with me, I dont mess with them :lol:

One thing I dont do is spiders, especially the big ones! Redback, white tips... no dramas theyre tiny, huntsmans? Abso-bloody-lutely not! Some people catch and release, not me, I send em back to the firey pits of hell from which they came :lol:

yes some do get organized

1553844821_th_1.jpg

Went down to the beach for hunt #45, I dont usually beach hunt but I thought Id give the nox a try since my old 400i was terrible on the beach!

1554016588_bd52fbf3-3ae8-439b-a7dd-4556e342b289.jpg

Heres the haul:

1554016614_60a21b6c-88e0-4956-a4ec-8cebd7f1a142.jpg

Managed to score this absolute ripper 1891 British thrip! My oldest silver by 51 years and my first pre 1900s coin:

1554016666_decf1185-cddb-41b0-a89b-64c69e466d45.jpg

What a hunt, Im loving the nox so far, thats another one checked off my list!

1554016701_047e508b-dcc8-482d-bc66-4cf44eb94100.jpg

Woop woop. The first one that starts with an 18 Is a great feeling. She's in pretty good nick for her age too. :trophy:

DetectingSA said:
She sort of cleaned up, I tried the bicarb soda paste method, most rubbed off but domes being stubborn

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1699_287a4dc6-5416-4be8-bc60-4a4963a50950.jpg

Seems to be 1894 not 1891 like originally thought

Shes sat in vinegar and salt at the moment, hopefully that does the trick

Any ideas?
Nice coin mate.
Use lemon juice mate it works much better :)
Finger rub with bicarb paste every 12 hours and back into fresh LJ and repeat process until clean.. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
DetectingSA said:
She sort of cleaned up, I tried the bicarb soda paste method, most rubbed off but domes being stubborn

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1699_287a4dc6-5416-4be8-bc60-4a4963a50950.jpg

Any ideas?
Nice coin mate.
Finger rub with bicarb paste every 12 hours and back into fresh LJ and repeat process until clean.. :Y:

Lemon juice on its own or lemon juice and salt? Thanks man Ill give it a go

DetectingSA said:
Smoky bandit said:
DetectingSA said:

Any ideas?
Nice coin mate.

Just on its own mate.But make sure you replace the LJ every 12 hrs.Some silver coins will take a few days to clean and some won't clean at all.Just depends what's stuck to them.Also give them a scrub with a old toothbrush now and then while they are soaking. :)

Smoky bandit said:
DetectingSA said:
Smoky bandit said:
DetectingSA said:

Any ideas?
Nice coin mate.

Just on its own mate.But make sure you replace the LJ every 12 hrs.Some silver coins will take a few days to clean and some won't clean at all.Just depends what's stuck to them.Also give them a scrub with a old toothbrush now and then while they are soaking. :)

Thanks a ton mate, 3 days in the juice and shes finally come almost 100%

1554277692_77816fa5-6855-4738-81d5-eccc42095650.jpg

Cant tell if its 1894 or 1891 now :8

Cheers rockhunter!

Guys, Ive got an absolute treat of a permission this weekend, 1920s pub grounds + home owner has advised me that the flooring in the cellar has been removed and is currently just dirt and that Im welcome to detect there!

Im trying not to get my hopes up but there is great potential for some nice finds!

Stay tuned :Y:

Latest posts