Fluid bed sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the guys on the forum have been building them from stratch. I would try and use the search bar and find the post. I have the freshy croc and I find it works pretty well. Have a search on google for Green Mountain gold traps, he is in the US and believe he is making his own design. The shipping would pretty expensive though. Hope that helps mate.

I got one from Swedish bazooka. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet and use it but looks the goods. From memory it was about $340 landed at my door for a 24" model

G'Day Digga

Do a search on the forum. I posted the specs for building a Croc Freshy knockoff as I could not get one either. There are also pictures on another post. As it is build out of Aluminium I think it is better as it does not tend to float away from you.

One big bonus of diy is this area, is you can have a mixture of all proven and tested traps.
I for one swear by fluid beds as a main trap.
And a firm beleiver of large catchment flares, for slow flowing creeks, and generally needing to damn up less.
And a simple V mat on the flare is a great optical indicator.
A self classifying sluice, that has a fluid bed and dream mat as a back up is more than possible.
I do beleive these will become the benchmark in time of river sluicing.
Faster, more volume and yeild percentage.
I think fluid beds are that simple, that some shy away from them in disbelief.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=453451#p453451

Hi Digga, Do you work at Digga or just borrow their Logo? If you do work their then you and I will know one another. Cheers

Latest posts