Death of a great Aussie .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it Jack`s studio that got burnt down last year and people were carting his paintings outside to save them while the fire was raging ?

Just to add a story about Jack & gold .

I was around his place about 10 years ago , Jack was already over 80 years at the time but still sharp .
He showed me a couple of old tobacco tins full of little bits of gold , said these were just a fraction of what he had picked up on just one trip !

Pro Hart was a mate of Jack , he Imported one of the first early metal detectors that had a a chance of finding gold , soon after there release in the USA .
Jack borrowed Pro's detector & went up to Tiboobburra .

Part 2 coming if any interest ? :|

Outback said:
Just to add a story about Jack & gold .

I was around his place about 10 years ago , Jack was already over 80 years at the time but still sharp .
He showed me a couple of old tobacco tins full of little bits of gold , said these were just a fraction of what he had picked up on just one trip !

Pro Hart was a mate of Jack , he Imported one of the first early metal detectors that had a a chance of finding gold , soon after there release in the USA .
Jack borrowed Pro's detector & went up to Tiboobburra .

Part 2 coming if any interest ? :|

Part 2 ''

Jack said he used that detector on an area close to Tib that had seen extensive dry blowing back when the first rush started , the old mounds were every where .
He only moved one wave at a time using that ancient detector to score bit after bit of missed gold on those heaps back then :playful:

Tip : rake down the old dry blower mounds that still exist today ' then try detecting .

Latest posts