VJ Faceting Machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent information on the VJ machine? Are they still selling after Mal retired? Their website is fairly limited and hasn't been changed in 6 months.

Also if anyone has used one and has opinions on it I would love to hear.

My mate was just talking to a mate of his who picked up a machine from the little factory at Childers last week. Mal and Jenny have retired but I think their daughter and son-in-law are now running the business. From what I can gather, they are still going (which is good coz I'll need to get some more dops)

Do you have a VJ Lefty?

I went to an orchard today and noticed they had heaps of quartz, limestone fossils and epidote on a bunch of pallets. Got talking to the owners and turns out they're super keen on all things fossicking and one of the owners has a VJ machine. So I also have some new people to go dig with and a good source of information on faceting. Their mineral collection is just superb and includes a 12 inch diameter smokey Quartz gwindel with amethyst sceptres :inlove:

Yep, picked it up from their little factory not long before Mal retired - mine was probably one of the last few that he made himself.

Always good to score a new fossicking spot :)

Latest posts