Velcro straps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
RM Outback said:
Redfin said:
Cable ties are cheap and strong

And need replacing each time you change the coil or coil and lower shaft.
So ?

A reusable tie is better than a one off throw away imo, and if their available in the quantity shown to me it's good value.

If you know how to use cable ties in a way that is multiple use of each I'm all ears.

RM Outback said:
mbasko said:
If you can find 70mm rubber horticultural tie bands they are a mile better than velcro.
Like these: https://www.auspots.com.au/collections/plant-ties/products/rubber-tie-bands

They are reasonably priced if you get a pack of 50 for $10.50 as per your example :Y: and free shipping for Aus and NZ :Y:
The 70mm ones are $14.95 (or ~30c ea).
If you bought 50 you'd likely never use them all. I've never had to replaced one. Give some to ya mates :Y:
I got a pack with about 15 in it but can't find them under a pack of 50 now? Still good value.
They don't move or come loose in my experience unlike velcro.

mbasko said:
RM Outback said:
mbasko said:
If you can find 70mm rubber horticultural tie bands they are a mile better than velcro.
Like these: https://www.auspots.com.au/collections/plant-ties/products/rubber-tie-bands

They are reasonably priced if you get a pack of 50 for $10.50 as per your example :Y: and free shipping for Aus and NZ :Y:
The 70mm ones are $14.95 (or ~30c ea).
If you bought 50 you'd likely never use them all. I've never had to replaced one. Give some to ya mates :Y:
I got a pack with about 15 in it but can't find them under a pack of 50 now? Still good value.
They don't move or come loose in my experience unlike velcro.

:Y: that's what I'm talk'n bout :Y: a decent product at awesome prices with a multiple /multitude of uses :beer: :goldnugget: thanks for posting :Y:

I just use a few wraps of electrical tape. Bit of a pain to get off, but stops the cord moving and giving false signals. Can be re-used several times then replace with new.

Any MIDDYS , AWM or any electrical wholesaler that sells Data cable supplys will sell velcro by the roll its used to bundle cat6 data cables just cut the lengths you want.

Latest posts