Upgrading. But To What?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok i have now decided probably best get myself two detectors a sdc 2300 for gold but just wondering what minelab machine people recommend for coins and relics user friendly but with good depth and discrimination

Heatho said:
CTX 3030 if you want the best descrimination, Nox if you are on budget, I own both and they are both excellent detectors, the 3030 is just a bit more refined but the Nox is easier to use and punches way above it's weight.
ditto ^^^^^^

:cool:

Gday

The Sdc2300 is an awesome machine for gold, its the best small gold detector I have owned and it will get you consistant gold if you learn top use it, now with other choices of coil sizes coming out for it can be expanded for use looking for deeper gold with the bigger coils if thats your primary gold detector, for coins and relics I still use a minelab sovereign Gt, analogue vlf detector not digital, basic controls and excellent discrimination features, rechargeable battery pack, it is lightweight and well balanced, I have owned two over the years, I sold the first one as I convinced myself that I was not spending enough time using it, but I missed having it and bought another new one, they are not available new any more but they come up second hand on Ebay and such from time to time, both Gt detectors and the Sdc have paid for themselves many times over.

Best coin find I had with the Gt sovereign was on a park after a music event, back and forth over a few days, 3-4 hours at a time, $430 in $1 and $2 coins, set the discrimination to discriminate out the ten million drink can pull tabs littering the place and other junk, and the only decimal silver coins I collected was what I spotted on the surface, second festival I retrieved about $300, third festival about $200 or so, later still pulled out $30-40 worth here and there.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts