Ballarat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,my first post I've read all the helpful post and being a newey have found them very helpful.I haven't found gold yet,l Ve only detected 30 hours in the gold fields but because I live south gippy time is hard to find.will be in Ballarat on the 18th for a couple days just hoping to run into a person in the same position as me.cheers all. :pickshovel:

Hi I am just trying out my metal detector and Reading as much as possible and about to go and try it out in the Stawell arena but trying not to go where im not supposed to. I think this is an awesome site and Will keep checking for any help. Thank you

Rockhunter62 said:
Welcome to the forum Silverline51,

Cheers :beer:

Doug

What about sully :8

G'day Sully welcome to PA get up 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups and fun that comes with them :Y:

G'day Silverline51 welcome to PA same as above :Y: might be a good idea to start your own thread so this one doesn't become confusing. Don't stress just tap on the introduce yourself title and to the right you should find the start thread /new thread tab :Y:

Gday following up on the Ballarat trip month ago I spent a day in little Bendigo field without luck then went to smythdale same result .of course I know these areas are popular but I'm a newbie and still l.earning still very keen next trip soon

Gday no posts for ages but have been to Castlemaine and the trip was to Maryborough no luck but I'm getting closer.Bull and Mouth is agree at place to stay friendly and good food

Ive found my iPhone has an effect on the gpx4500 with a 14 mono, I try to leave it in my car if Im not walking to far, although I have a 4wd so can get pretty close to where ever I want to go generally. Otherwise if I forget I just keep it in with the battery pouch or my back pocket ??

I have an sdc and have always kept the phone in the backpack.
I "think" you would get some interference as just about any other electrics seem to make it go haywire..

Set the phone on to flight mode when detecting when you have a break you can change it back to check messages or make calls works for me cheers muk.

Havent posted for so long but am interested on comments about
Coltek extreme coils I thought the 14x9 would be handy

Hi Sully
I have used mine 3 times since I purchased it ( due to covid cannot get out as I am locked down in Melb) works great, still picks up tiny pieces like the normal sdc coil. Unfortunately have yet to walk over any bigger pieces :(

Cheers
Bob

Hi Sully
I have used mine 3 times since I purchased it ( due to covid cannot get out as I am locked down in Melb) works great, still picks up tiny pieces like the normal sdc coil. Unfortunately have yet to walk over any bigger pieces :(

Cheers
Bob

Thanks for the feedback Bob feelthat I should get one after2/half years of nothing give Turtons creek a go