Detecting SAs Equinox 600 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Forum,

New machine, new thread!

Goodbye Garrett 400i, Hello Minelab equinox 600:

1552198047_e3168ddd-6aae-4fed-bc7c-167fcb089f9c.jpg

Only just received her today, not hunts yet but Im looking to get out early tomorrow morning!

However I did just take a few coins out the back yard to just try her out and get a feel for the numbers and I am officially -1 silver coins with the nox, yes... Minus one... took a sixpence out there with a shilling, florin, penny, half penny and 2c.

I have no idea where the sixpence went, when I was packing up I dropped the half penny, but now Im thinking I may have dropped the sixpence at the same time, so I went out and had a look and nothing... (keep in mind my back garden is just dirt right now, I only just moved in and havent touched it yet...) took the nox out there and gridded the place,... nothing. Im thinking it must have got caught on the bottom of my jeans and Ive kicked it somewhere..

I hope thats not a sign of things to come, what an absolute mystery. Im kind of spewing, I only had 5 sixpence. Now I guess I have 4, wow.

Cheers guys, see you in the first hunt :rolleyes:

Got out this morning for hunt #41, and the first hunt with my nox. She certain make a lot more sounds then my old Garrett 400i, half tones/whines etc, not entirely sure what mode I was on a part from park 1, just gonna get out there as much as I can and learn by doing! Few interesting bits and bobs today:

1552269614_e34f2b9f-a396-4315-be00-9e6577d05691.jpg

Really like the little party pin, havent researched it yet but Im assuming it was the youth wing of a political party. No idea what the little brass shield thing is! Frog earring, unfortunately not silver, $2, some brown buggers and a sixpence.

Pretty funny moment when I pulled up that sixpence, at least now Im back to 0 silver coins with the nox :p

Im going overseas to Hong Kong tomorrow for 6 days, my first ever international trip! Booked it with the missus for my 30th which is coming up on the 15th of this month! Ive only left S.A 3 times before (syd, melb, Canberra) so Im pretty excited to go experience another culture! Ill post some pics when Im back!

Cheers guys

Nice silver, they've been rare as stuff that comes from the back end of a rocking horse for me lately. The 50% ones are a bit harder to pick up with the nox. Think they come up as a 15 but usually a louder, crisper tone than a ringpull.

Did you get the headphones you were after?

Just got delivered some miccus sr 71 from the states

Just over aud 110 delivered 7 days tracked all the way

Mr T said:
Did you get the headphones you were after?

Just got delivered some miccus sr 71 from the states

Just over aud 110 delivered 7 days tracked all the way

Nah mate I didnt, I event went to an electronics street markets there and couldnt find that model. Plenty of knock offs of well known brands for cheap though. Decided to wait til I get back to aus and get a good quality pair from jb or somewhere where Ill be covered by a warranty!

Cheers

Big park is good! You will have a long time of detecting until completely dries up. I hope you will hit hot spot soon!
Are u going to buy a bluetooth headset for nox 600?
We got nox600 for beach hunt purpose and I was looking for cheap BT headphone without delay of sound. I have Expensive sony Noise cancelling headphone but sound delays and useless. I did some research and some cheap one with lolatency Aptx would work?....?

Unfortunately LL APTX Headphones are not a Cheap

Item you can pick up from JB or other retailers in AUS

Did a short night hunt for hunt #43. I hit a very popular park near me, always busy during the day, night time is about the only time you could detect there! I was there for 35 mins then the sprinklers turned on :lol: so I decided to hit the tot lot which I almost never do because Im practically only after pre decimals!

Heres the lot:

1553346985_ce6a14d0-2082-4fb7-9063-a72dfb01760e.jpg

1553347002_9cb1d64d-5821-47ba-a734-20edc225300f.jpg

Few bucks and a pearler of a .925 ID bracelet! My first piece of proper silver jewellery! (Aside from that tiny heart locket I found a while back, but that was so small, about the size of 1 link of this bracelet!)

Only 3rd time out with the nox but am the moment it seems like it can do no wrong! Come home with something on every outing so far!

Loving it,
Cheers

Went out after work for hunt #44, I met up with the guy I sold my 400i too, to give him some pointers and try to get him his first silver! Unfortunately we only had about an hour til it got dark and he had no head torch so he left empty handed unfortunately!

Heres my haul:

1553770161_212bee51-83a5-4bee-9928-2f8794ff32f3.jpg

Few brown buggers, 20c, button, some sort of/or part of a toasted broach and my first 92.5% sixpence! Very happy with that!

1553770256_a750d982-018a-4e0f-9ac1-2a4ea3f6138a.jpg

Backside of the little broach, dont think its particularly old, and I cant make out any details, not sure if its complete or this is just the backing part of it! Not sure what its made out of but Ill try to clean her up!

Heres the sixpence as she was, 1942:

1553770344_6033989e-8f63-4bad-8db5-e0e922ac88da.jpg

Then this happened.....

Out there doing a cheeky night detect session, find a decent sound target, kneel down and start to dig, look up and my head torch has made a few things about 15m away reflect like a few sequins, think to myself ooo whats that finish up my current target and go look, theyre spiders eyes reflecting back at me, 2-3, look abit further, 5-6, start to panic look around more, 10-15, 30-40-50-60.... start to pick up my shite quick smart and get out of there, theres hundreds of the bastards, eyes all reflecting back at me, theyre totally surrounding me, theres no where to go so I run out the park jumping as I go like a damn Olympic hurdler. In closing, bugger spiders holy moly!

Bloody hell, dont know if Ill night detect again :lol:

1553770661_e6792cfe-265e-456a-874d-51164b1eefd3.jpg

Hah if only more people knew how many spiders were out doing the rounds at night time, it's insane! I'm down with spiders during night time detecting sessions, but bull ants give me the bloody creeps. Always feel like they're sneaking up my boots when I spot a nest in the headlamp...

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can just picture that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done on the silver :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry I'm still laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :beer:
Funniest thing I've heard for along time.Im glad I was not there because to see that would have given me a heart attack from laughing so hard..:lol: :lol:

Latest posts