Nexus 30" and 21" Concentric Coils For Minelab GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ded Driver

WA is my backyard
Supporting Member
Reaction score
came across this video today.
"Test of Minelab GPX 4500 with Nexus 30" Concentric Carbon Fiber search coil on highly mineralised ground littered with infinite amount of magnetic stone fragments of any possible size."
who would like to dig holes a couple of metres deep for coins :lol:

curious as I haven't seen these before
http://www.nexusdetectors.com/products.html

A 1.5 kilo lump of lead as the target, he picks it up with the detector running ans passes it quite close to the coil, about 60cm, and
it didn't make a wimper??
A 4500 with a 14" coiltek elite would scream its head off.

1555226067_capture.jpg

Looking at video, he did not swing coil very far either, only 10 inch or so. The coil was always over the target. No way in my opinion to detect or test. The coil has to pass properly past the target on both sides. I'm with you redfin, that target should have screamed and should be an easy find with most coils, even a stock 11" comander coil.

the missus and i watched this other day and we couldn't stop gigging she turn around to me and is that for real in the last few months she had great learning curve about prospecting the type of people that make up this hobbie and profession she seen people dress up in camo gear from head to toe, people sucking for information were have you been etc, the bussiness side of things good bad and the ugly but this she recken was different

As a Newb I'm quite accustom to digging deep holes to nowhere only to find rusty junk. I'm real tempted to spend a further $4,800 to dig to the other side of nowhere to find even less :Y: Let me at it!, Let me at it! :inlove:

Danny13 said:
Price is 560 euros . If you hold off a year the one metre or 41 inch concentric coil should be available :Y:

Now that doesn't sound so bad, = about A$890 at time of writing this. When you think a 25" NF advantage is over $600

$4,800 didn't make sense if you've already bought a 4500 or a 5000. It would make more sense to sell the GPX and put the money together with the $4,800 and buy a Z . Would sure beat walking around the bush with a hoola hoop hanging off the end of an extra long shaft. I'm finding it hard enough pushing the GPX through the scrub with a longer shaft and a 20" NF hanging off the end :|

Latest posts