New Fisher Impulse AQ Beach Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It appears that the main forte of this PI machine other than being lightweight is its ability to be tuned to 7 usec timing, its very sensitive to gold at this timing yet still goes very deep. Sounds like 5 hrs run time on original beach model power pack, a larger batt will be available for nugget hunting. A nugget version of this machine is in the works already. As well as accessory coils for nugget hunting. Due to the 7 usec timing the coils have to be tuned very well so dedicated coils only on this machine. The Beach model AQ impulse weighs about 3.9 lbs. It remains to be seen how well a nugget version will work since it will have a wider range ground balance on it for severe minerals. The machine has EMI tuning.

Figures quoted on the Dankowski forum mention 1m or 3ft, though who knows whether that will change come the production model. As always info is trickle fed to the forums to garnish feedback from prospective customers, so that may change if too many complain on the current waterproof rating.

I like the look of it, just hope it goes at least as deep as a TDI on the beach, and hopefully as deep as a GP series machine.
If it handles EMI well, then it may be added to my beach hunting arsenal.

It said a 1mtr in water in the article but the interesting part will be the gold detector with a good discriminator regards john :Y:

Yep, I am pretty interested in the nugget version as well, the battery pack puts out 16.8V fully charged and the circuit uses a regulated 15 volt, wow, that should really energize a coil! With capability to tune to 7 usec it should do real well on small gold very deep. Minus the batt pack its 3.2 lbs, they got two batt packs, one for 5 hrs and one for 10 hrs, guess that bigger one would mount like a gpx pack if desired. That only leaves 3.2 lbs to swing, very light.

Most the gold I target is either grain size to 4" or so depth, or 1/2 gram to 2 gram size to 16" or so, this could be the machine I am looking for to swing in the afternoons. After a morning of heavy minelab coil/detector. I am not sure I would give up my gpx its so versitile with such a wide range of coils, but you never know these days.

I would probably be willing to pay 1799.99 for the gold nugget version of this machine from what I have seen of it so far with the beach version. The market will not bear much more if Fisher is wanting to make a big hit fast. The money will be in the nugget version anyway, way more prospectors worldwide than beach hunters. Especially with the African and South American gold rushes going on.

The engineer took down the videos to work them over some more before release. They were up for about a day and half was it.

One video show you can move a small object (nail) much faster by hand in front of a static coil, than you can move a coil/shaft combination over a static object.

Another video show you can detect a gold ring placed among a group of nails, take away the ring and the nails are not detected.

Beach detecting for 40 years I have never encountered such a scenario ( gold ring - nails) but I have encountered small areas with heaps of bottle caps which I have never been able to silence using a PI detector.

So when they show a video with a gold ring among a handful of bottle caps and only the gold ring is detected then I will take notice... big time.

I believe they are only shipping into the US. People overseas will have to wait for the next version.