some faceted stones i have cut

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys
these three stones are the only ones i have faceted i had the opportunity to learn about 20 years ago since then never had the opportunity to buy a machine but i have always liked these stones

1552896295_faceted_stones.jpg

Looks good indi, especially the step cut :Y:

Yes, new faceting machines are not cheap but decent second-hand ones do pop up on Gumtree and the like from time to time.

Gilly
smokey from Gladston in the North east of tasmania was a really old gem master i think in a lapridary club thanks lefty love your work. Did they ever made semi automatic machines

I love the look of smokey quartz faceted indi. I got one done awhile ago. Gladstone is great place to grab them from. Hopefully you can get back into faceting :D

I've never seen one for sale, though Nena is trying to build a fully-automatic one.

A semi/fully automatic machine is probably only for someone whose first and foremost goal is to make money out of it - automation removes the need for human skill development so won't teach you much about faceting per se.

thank you very much I think it was more the teacher was a great old guy who was faciting for years iam thinking about returning but got a great opal set up at the moment

Latest posts