⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a couple rarer/uncommon gems I have first up is Diopside

1551344534_03870871-334b-462a-992d-8f65ac70993a.jpg

Second is Clinohumite its only a small stone but has a nice colour to it

1551344598_15181970-814a-4584-977d-15177513a0be.jpg

Nice haul there FP :Y: There might be some faceting material in the bigger blue one by the looks?

Lefty said:
Nice haul there FP :Y: There might be some faceting material in the bigger blue one by the looks?

Yeah one side is pretty cracked while other is good. I nearly didn't spot it as it was cloudy and it was a very dark stone. Glad i didn't miss it though

Nice finds there. Some of the little ones have beautiful colours and clarity and hopefully you get a nice one out of the big one. Might be worth sending some of the smaller ones to Lamberts.

Dave79 said:
Nice finds there. Some of the little ones have beautiful colours and clarity and hopefully you get a nice one out of the big one. Might be worth sending some of the smaller ones to Lamberts.

Yeah the 1st pic is a 6ct one which looks rough on outside but no flaws inside. As always the pictures don't do justice to these great looking gems

Yep was definitely in the honey spot. Was hoping to beat my 29ct sapphire record but not this time. Now to let the wifey choose her favorites

You're braver than me but it sure paid off! Best ratio of sapphires I've seen from there. Nice honey hole!

That's an awesome haul FP, plenty of stock when you get your faceting machine and have progressed past quartz :lol: No.. seriously there looks to be some nice rough to play with :Y: :Y:

Have you tracked down a machine yet?

Dihusky said:
That's an awesome haul FP, plenty of stock when you get your faceting machine and have progressed past quartz :lol: No.. seriously there looks to be some nice rough to play with :Y: :Y:

Have you tracked down a machine yet?

Still working on it. Now its getting colder it'll be a good time to start to learn. Gotta catch up with the old man and see if he's caught up with his friend that was going to help him out

1556440997_img_20190428_173142_540.jpg
1556441026_img_20190428_173324_791.jpg

Hi all, above are some of my finds from the Minerama
weekend. Nothing large enough to facet unfortunately but had fun all the same. The two red stones are from Ruby Hill so the Garnets are still there for the finding if you look in the right spot. Had another three of a similar size but the kids claimed them. Also got some crystals and Molybdenum which I haven't got shots of yet. Possibly a star sapphire also but I need to polish it to find out for sure. Already looking forward to the next outing.

Latest posts