New to prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is Keith, I am new to the game and keen to get into gold prospecting with metal detecting. I have a brand new mine lab GPZ7000, and recently had a little luck around the Gulgong area. I am looking for anyone interested in teaming up and prospecting an area together, somebody with a bit of experience would be a bonus. I have the time to travel around and have a 4wd. Please drop me a line if interested. Cheers.

1552789335_7.jpg

G'day Keith welcome to PA, Gulgong :Y: a really nice place :goldnugget:. I have a brother who lives in the area paid him a visit September last year and vowed I'd be back. All the best when you get out on the hunt, looking forward to your next instalment with pictures :Y:

Thanks very much guys, for you positive comments and support. I live in the Newcastle suburbs and I am retired and travel around with my new detector. In fact, I was in the Gulgong area last week searching some old river beds. No gold this time, but some interesting artefacts, musketballs, stirrups etc.

Currently, I am researching some possible prospecting locations in NSW, I would appreciate any ideas on the best maps to use on my travels?

Thanks again. Cheers :D :D :D

Get busy and rack up your 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups and fun that comes with them. There's a meet up organised for Hill End at the end of the month. You'll be welcomed and be better off for the experience imo. Meeting like minded people and from there arrange a day or a few :Y:

Just jump in on any thread and fire away questions to get up your 10 :Y:

Hi everyone... I'm new to detecting and based in Newcastle. Is there anywhere I can find a map of areas within NSW for gold detecting old sites? not sure where to start so thought I'd drop in on this thread to see who else in Newcastle is around and doing trips away to wave those detectors around. Cheers Mish

hello I am new to detecting, based in the Taree area, I have a minelab but would like to do a course, any suggestions? thanking you Roz

Hello Jaros, i noticed you are in SE Qld, i will be returning to Gold Coast at the end of the year, i am hoping to do a bit of prospecting in the Warrick area, would that be a good place to start? I am new to prospecting and still learning how to use my metal detector but excited that i now have time to do a bit of prospecting

Good luck with the hunt. Up there you have Durikai State Forest, Thanes Creek, Talgai Forest. Make sure you have your license as the Mines people are being very active up there.