Short VID on Hi-banking for Sapphires at Grabben Gullen Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi WalnLiz. Big fan me ,your Vids are so informative and an inspiration to all , one of the very reasons i am here .
cannot thank you guys enough for sharing your experience with us . :)
Rock Bashing this Sat with the club "MST",looking for Calcites,Aragonites,Barite etc ,hope to have something to report.
Cheers Colin.

Club outings are a lot of fun Colin, look forward to seeing some great mineral specimens (pics) when you get back...best of luck and hope the sun shines for you. Cheers wal. :)

Hey Wal I have been watching your videos online and I am hoping to go panning in grabben gullen but I was wondering. Do you just go to any creek in Grabben Gullen or is it only the one creek as you mentioned Something called sapphire creek. I have only just started prospecting with not much luck so i am planning to travel somewhere where i am more likely to be able to find something. Well hope you get this. Best wishes Sam.

G'day Sam,

Grabben Gullen is the town name....and Grabben Gullen Creek is where the sapphires are. It's on the creek where Sapphire Road crosses the creek.

There is no creek called Sapphire Ck and all the surrounding creeks have nothing worthwhile. It takes a while to get to know where the sapphires are as the last two big floods reshuffled them like a deck of cards. Best of luck,

Cheers Wal.