Getting my mojo back...to get out detecting again.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpot

Kerrie
Reaction score
My gpx 5000 doesnt find gold anymore.

It just sits in the spare room. In the dark.

The battery is charged up. The Nox is dormant, cant remember how to even use it.

Well ok its me not the gpx or Nox.
Maybe that will change as winter nears. I just dont feel as enthusiastic about detecting as I have previously.

Hoping Ive just temporarily lost my mojo and that it will be back soon.
This is normal.....right?
:argh:

Normally when someone says I can't do something it give me the incentive to go out and do it just to prove them wrong. The more they say I can't the more determined I am.

Soooo........

Miss Pot, you're useless! You couldn't find gold in the Perth Mint! I dare you to find a bit...I bet you can't! :D

Slip out n find a silver coin... that always drives me on. Although... achieving other things needs to take priority in life at times.... just the same as a good rest does.
The body knows when to rest those muscle groups up much more then the pre frontal cortex does.

nice one FP , it is hard to regain mojo :8

i myself scored an 1830's permission yesterday , so i can feel my lost mojo returning, hopefully it will pay a cool coin

and just one word of warning to ANYONE that decides to bottom feed on my new permission DON'T because i will not be held accountable for my actions if i see grain of dirt out of position :fistpump: :skull:

anyhoo hope you do very well Flowerpot :perfect:

Hey FP don't feel too bad not getting out... I haven't turned a sod of soil in over 12 months as Life takes over and Fossicking/Prospecting has had to take a back seat...
You have had a terrible Summer down there and that plays a big part in how you actually feel... Winter is coming and that time of year is a lot better on the mind, Unless it's Snowing of course... I would love to have a real winter... I miss them..
So take the challenge MT has put to you or Silvers challenge... That will help your Mindset... Or do what I do and look at Youtube vids, Mags, or I go and Play with my Rock collection... ;)

LW....

Comforting to know its kind of normal to lose the detecting mojo.

Good try MT ya rotten bugger O:) :p hahaha :Y:
Id be damned enthused all the time if I turned up some of the lovely nugs youve unearthed.

Cooler months help too.

Silver sounds good silver, maybe I will change tack for a while and go tect some parks and footy ovals around here just with the Nox, thats a bit more leisurely and Im into taking it easy...

It seems Im not looking for it in the same place as you Pharty :p :p

Thanks LW, ctx, Jaros, Mackka. :Y:

Mojo please come back.

It's all good FP you'll get ya Mojo back the weather certainly helps :Y:. For me it's not my Mojo it's bloody work :argh: then again gotta make hay while the sun shines :D. Once I'm more settled I'll post a Mojo meet up after all doing stuff with mates helps you get back on track :)

RM Outback said:
It's all good FP you'll get ya Mojo back the weather certainly helps :Y:. For me it's not my Mojo it's bloody work :argh: then again gotta make hay while the sun shines :D. Once I'm more settled I'll post a Mojo meet up after all doing stuff with mates helps you get back on track :)

haha lol :lol: sounds good RM, a cooler weather "Mojo meetup" might be just the ticket.. with another cake... of the lumberjack variety. :cake:

(that sounds really suss doesn't it) haha. :playful:

ctxkid said:
went out today and found some cool things :pickshovel: :cool:

in the excitement i forgot water and a snack :8 :awful: so only did a coupla hours :8

but it was quality time to be back on the sniff :perfect:

and i was just happy to find i still got it :)
Nice one ctx, glad youre getting your mojo back :Y:

Easter might actually be a good time for mojo restoral BW.
Ive got a bit of time off this year for good behaviour O:)

Lucky Duck and myself know how you are feeling FP. Our long summer hiatus is weather related. North Qld gold detecting options are pretty much no-go zones from October till April. Looking forward to it finally cooling down a bit soon. This year's wet season has been very patchy, record flooding in some spots and barely a drop in other places not far away. So bring on some cooler months and let's rescue some of those nuggets waiting for you out there.

Troutman said:
Lucky Duck and myself know how you are feeling FP. Our long summer hiatus is weather related. North Qld gold detecting options are pretty much no-go zones from October till April. Looking forward to it finally cooling down a bit soon. This year's wet season has been very patchy, record flooding in some spots and barely a drop in other places not far away. So bring on some cooler months and let's rescue some of those nuggets waiting for you out there.
Hey there, a big hello to you Trouty and Lucky Duck, havent heard from you guys for ages, hope youre both well. Yep I now think the hot, dry weather is the reason for me losing my mojo. The cooler months mean its safer (no snakes and spidies) and the dogs can come with us without the worry of stomping on a Joe Blake, can light a little fire and bbq some snags for lunch. Think its much more enjoyable detecting in the cooler months. Thats why I lost my mojo, its a seasonal thing.
Alllllllrighty then....

Troutman said:

Sounds like you 2 need to harden up or find your own mojo again. Haven't been getting the rain you guys have been getting but we have had the heat. Still giving it a go though. Nike, just do it. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Troutman said:

Sounds like you 2 need to harden up or find your own mojo again. Haven't been getting the rain you guys have been getting but we have had the heat. Still giving it a go though. Nike, just do it. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

We'll be back to it again soon. The new rig has been getting a few modifications in readiness. Hopefully a trip to Clermont before Easter is on the cards.

Latest posts