New to Prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aussiefarmer said:
This forum can be a strange place to navigate at first, we do get scammers on here and asking for personal contact shortly after joining does make alarm bells ring.
Welcome to a great hobby , read through some of the forum and you will see its full of helpful topics and great people.
Good luck.

I noticed around 4 years ago, on Australian gold forums was a huge increase in new female members?
I suspect some may have been existing members, creating new profiles and faking been a newbie, to
get assistance, and location information on possible areas to go hunting.

jessicaaa said:
Just wanna clarify Im not scamming Ive only asked for advice and promoted a chat I made on kik which was shot down straight away and I find it extremely rude to think people are judging me as a scammer when they dont even know me.

Good on you for setting it straight jessicaaa :Y:to be honest I had some doubts, not any more :D. Have a look at the members meet up at Hill End if the timing suits, you'll learn a bit and meet other members :Y: there good fun no matter your age. Might be worth checking out if there's a prospecting / gem club near you to go along and meet more like minded people. These are good places to learn and chat about the regulations as to the do's and don'ts so you can enjoy your time without being troubled :) hopefully :(

jessicaaa said:
Just wanna clarify Im not scamming Ive only asked for advice and promoted a chat I made on kik which was shot down straight away and I find it extremely rude to think people are judging me as a scammer when they dont even know me.

Then why are you sending unsolicited invitations via private message, asking to email you so you can send pics. When asked, "pics of what?" You reply, "Never mind."

Extremely suspicious behaviour.

sandbagger,
Can you send me a copy of that message please. ??
A small note,
Using the email or PM function to either promote or
engage in any type of bad behavior is not tolerated.

Please do not take this the wrong way but, This is
not the way we do things in here. :) :)

Sorry did not know pics could be sent on this so hence the email and other forums I am in send photos of ourselves to each other but I can see this is not that type of forum and will refrain from anything photo related. Sorry

Sandbagger said:
jessicaaa said:

Then why are you sending unsolicited invitations via private message, asking to email you so you can send pics. When asked, "pics of what?" You reply, "Never mind."

Extremely suspicious behaviour.
I got a random private message as well.
It just said ....HEY....... :8

Your right Aussie Farmer young people today use social media as a form of face to face conversation, with all the nutters out there it's safer than striking up a conversation with someone you don't really know especially at a pub, so they send each other a piccy & carry on from there, I looked up the kik she spoke about, it's real time chat on phones like skyp, Smoky, what's the 1st thing you do when you meet someone? It's Hi! HEY! or similar, that's all she was doing & then expecting an answer back, I had a chat with her via e-mail( got the HEY, thought half the message got chopped off) must have been very frustrating for her, 2 sec's for her reply, 4mins for me, maybe cut her some slack she's done nothing wrong except get involved with suspicious, crabby old buggers. (I'll roast for that) :argh:

Here I was thinking I was special, but now I see a few others also got private messages asking to chat via email. However, I never got offers of photos like Sandbagger did.

Frankly, as Jess is only slightly older than my eldest grand daughter, excepting pics would feel a little pervy. I would though greatly appreciate a nice one of your mum :D :Y:

:lol: Madtuna

I don't no if I got one or not as it would of went to my junk mail and I can not look in that on my Mobile phone...

Will get jealous if I did not get one :lol: :lol:

Goody :)

guipago said:
Your right Aussie Farmer young people today use social media as a form of face to face conversation, with all the nutters out there it's safer than striking up a conversation with someone you don't really know especially at a pub, so they send each other a piccy & carry on from there, I looked up the kik she spoke about, it's real time chat on phones like skyp, Smoky, what's the 1st thing you do when you meet someone? It's Hi! HEY! or similar, that's all she was doing & then expecting an answer back, I had a chat with her via e-mail( got the HEY, thought half the message got chopped off) must have been very frustrating for her, 2 sec's for her reply, 4mins for me, maybe cut her some slack she's done nothing wrong except get involved with suspicious, crabby old buggers. (I'll roast for that) :argh:
I am cutting her slack.
I did reply Hey back..
Still no reply.lol.
And yes it is odd a 19 year old girl wanting to chat with you old blokes :) (I'm still young). :) I'm suspecting reincarnated banned member having some fun :lol:

madtuna said:
Here I was thinking I was special, but now I see a few others also got private messages asking to chat via email. However, I never got offers of photos like Sandbagger did.

Frankly, as Jess is only slightly older than my eldest grand daughter, excepting pics would feel a little pervy. I would though greatly appreciate a nice one of your mum :D :Y:

Now you can only surmise that, The internet can hide many things and you can create any character you like.

I have chatted with jesicaaa and seems she would like to make her start with beach detecting , so who here shoots coins ? And what is the best beach /park detector for her on a high budget and also a low budget ? And will it have any hope of nugget detecting later if the fever gets her ?

aussiefarmer said:
I have chatted with jesicaaa and seems she would like to make her start with beach detecting , so who here shoots coins ? And what is the best beach /park detector for her on a high budget and also a low budget ? And will it have any hope of nugget detecting later if the fever gets her ?

A Equinox could be a good one to start with and possibly use it on gold later.
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts