You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Flowerpot
15 March 2019 10:09 am

My gpx 5000 doesn’t find gold anymore.

It just sits in the spare room. In the dark.

The battery is charged up. The Nox is dormant, can’t remember how to even use it.

Well ok it’s me not the gpx or Nox.
Maybe that will change as winter nears. I just don’t feel as enthusiastic about detecting as I have previously.

Hoping I’ve just temporarily lost my mojo and that it will be back soon.
This is normal.....right?
argh

11 users like this post: madtuna, goody2shoes, Smoky bandit, Mackka, RM Outback, diggit, silver, AngerManagement, pagan prospector, Detectist, Trash

Jaros
15 March 2019 10:23 am

Like life in general things happen that take priority. If so, then it is a wonderful thing to have a hobby like this to fall back on when you're able to. Great to get out and about again...... smile

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

4 users like this post: silver, robmoto, Wishfull, Flowerpot

madtuna
15 March 2019 10:27 am

Normally when someone says I can't do something it give me the incentive to go out and do it just to prove them wrong. The more they say I can't the more determined I am.

Soooo........

Miss Pot, you're useless! You couldn't find gold in the Perth Mint! I dare you to find a bit...I bet you can't! big_smile

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

19 users like this post: goody2shoes, provari, Smoky bandit, hermann, grubstake, Mackka, Bush Chook, Rockhunter62, PabloP, LoneWolf, RM Outback, dam it, reynard, silver, OzzieAu, Flowerpot, pagan prospector, BigWave, Troutman

Mackka
15 March 2019 11:45 am

lol lol lol
Go on FP prove him wrong.
Mackka

1 user likes this post: Flowerpot

silver
15 March 2019 11:57 am

Slip out n find a silver coin... that always drives me on. Although... achieving other things needs to take priority in life at times.... just the same as a good rest does.
The body knows when to rest those muscle groups up much more then the pre frontal cortex does.

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Flowerpot

ctxkid
15 March 2019 01:04 pm

nice one FP , it is hard to regain mojo ops

i myself scored an 1830's permission yesterday , so i can feel my lost mojo returning, hopefully it will pay a cool coin

and just one word of warning to ANYONE that decides to bottom feed on my new permission DON'T because i will not be held accountable for my actions if i see grain of dirt out of position fistpump skull

anyhoo hope you do very well Flowerpot perfect

...................................................Such is life........................................................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

6 users like this post: Mackka, silver, robmoto, Flowerpot, Hard Luck, pagan prospector

LoneWolf
15 March 2019 01:17 pm

Hey FP don't feel too bad not getting out... I haven't turned a sod of soil in over 12 months as Life takes over and Fossicking/Prospecting has had to take a back seat...
You have had a terrible Summer down there and that plays a big part in how you actually feel... Winter is coming and that time of year is a lot better on the mind, Unless it's Snowing of course... I would love to have a real winter... I miss them..
So take the challenge MT has put to you or Silvers challenge... That will help your Mindset... Or do what I do and look at Youtube vids, Mags, or I go and Play with my Rock collection... wink

LW....

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

5 users like this post: silver, Flowerpot, goody2shoes, pagan prospector, Hard Luck

Anolphart
15 March 2019 09:11 pm

Hey Potty, I too was looking for my mojo until the missus hit me on the head with her umbrella and called me a dirty old man. Apparently I was looking in the wrong spot.

7 users like this post: LoneWolf, Flowerpot, goody2shoes, Smoky bandit, silver, ctxkid, pagan prospector

Flowerpot
15 March 2019 10:48 pm

Comforting to know it’s kind of normal to lose the detecting mojo.

Good try MT ya rotten bugger angel tongue hahaha thumbsup
I’d be damned enthused all the time if I turned up some of the lovely nugs you’ve unearthed.

Cooler months help too.

Silver sounds good silver, maybe I will change tack for a while and go ‘tect some parks and footy ovals around here just with the Nox, that’s a bit more leisurely and I’m into taking it easy...

It seems I’m not looking for it in the same place as you Pharty tongue tongue

Thanks LW, ctx, Jaros, Mackka. thumbsup

Mojo please come back.

6 users like this post: goody2shoes, LoneWolf, Mackka, silver, BigWave, RM Outback

LoneWolf
16 March 2019 12:51 am

Nothing like a day at the footy, minus the footy, Detector in your hand, Chocky bar in the other, picking up $$ as you go... perfect

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

7 users like this post: Mackka, silver, ctxkid, RM Outback, Flowerpot, goody2shoes, pagan prospector

RM Outback
16 March 2019 08:55 am

It's all good FP you'll get ya Mojo back the weather certainly helps thumbsup. For me it's not my Mojo it's bloody work argh then again gotta make hay while the sun shines big_smile. Once I'm more settled I'll post a Mojo meet up after all doing stuff with mates helps you get back on track smile

5 users like this post: Mackka, limpalot, ctxkid, goody2shoes, diggit

Flowerpot
16 March 2019 03:31 pm

RM Outback wrote:

It's all good FP you'll get ya Mojo back the weather certainly helps thumbsup. For me it's not my Mojo it's bloody work argh then again gotta make hay while the sun shines big_smile. Once I'm more settled I'll post a Mojo meet up after all doing stuff with mates helps you get back on track smile

haha lol lol sounds good RM, a cooler weather "Mojo meetup" might be just the ticket.. with another cake... of the lumberjack variety. cake

(that sounds really suss doesn't it) haha. playful

4 users like this post: RM Outback, goody2shoes, BigWave, diggit

ctxkid
16 March 2019 05:44 pm

went out today and found some cool things pickshovel cool

in the excitement i forgot water and a snack ops awful so only did a coupla hours ops

but it was quality time to be back on the sniff perfect

and i was just happy to find i still got it smile

Last edited by ctxkid (16 March 2019 05:44 pm)

...................................................Such is life........................................................

4 users like this post: goody2shoes, RM Outback, pagan prospector, Flowerpot

BigWave
16 March 2019 06:36 pm

Hey FP. An Easter meet-up in the GT with a cake would be a bloody good mojo start?

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

limpalot
16 March 2019 08:18 pm

Camp oven and Sticky date pudding. Sounds like a haftobedone . thumbsup cake gold-nugget beer beer beer

Shortern that one Patrick.

Last edited by limpalot (16 March 2019 08:19 pm)

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500, SPO1, Makro Gold Kruzer

2 users like this post: RM Outback, goody2shoes

Flowerpot
16 March 2019 10:11 pm

ctxkid wrote:

went out today and found some cool things pickshovel cool

in the excitement i forgot water and a snack ops awful so only did a coupla hours ops

but it was quality time to be back on the sniff perfect

and i was just happy to find i still got it smile

Nice one ctx, glad you’re getting your mojo back thumbsup

Easter might actually be a good time for mojo restoral BW.
I’ve got a bit of time off this year for good behaviour angel

Last edited by Flowerpot (16 March 2019 10:16 pm)

3 users like this post: ctxkid, hermann, goody2shoes

Troutman
17 March 2019 11:06 pm

Lucky Duck and myself know how you are feeling FP. Our long summer hiatus is weather related. North Qld gold detecting options are pretty much no-go zones from October till April. Looking forward to it finally cooling down a bit soon. This year's wet season has been very patchy, record flooding in some spots and barely a drop in other places not far away. So bring on some cooler months and let's rescue some of those nuggets waiting for you out there.

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, Flowerpot

Flowerpot
18 March 2019 12:24 am

Troutman wrote:

Lucky Duck and myself know how you are feeling FP. Our long summer hiatus is weather related. North Qld gold detecting options are pretty much no-go zones from October till April. Looking forward to it finally cooling down a bit soon. This year's wet season has been very patchy, record flooding in some spots and barely a drop in other places not far away. So bring on some cooler months and let's rescue some of those nuggets waiting for you out there.

Hey there, a big hello to you Trouty and Lucky Duck, haven’t heard from you guys for ages, hope you’re both well. Yep I now think the hot, dry weather is the reason for me losing my mojo. The cooler months mean it’s safer (no snakes and spidies) and the dogs can come with us without the worry of stomping on a Joe Blake, can light a little fire and bbq some snags for lunch. Think it’s much more enjoyable detecting in the cooler months. That’s why I lost my mojo, it’s a seasonal thing.
Alllllllrighty then....

4 users like this post: Troutman, Dave79, BigWave, pagan prospector

Rockhunter62
18 March 2019 12:26 am

Troutman wrote:

Sounds like you 2 need to harden up or find your own mojo again. Haven't been getting the rain you guys have been getting but we have had the heat. Still giving it a go though. Nike, just do it. thumbsup

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

Troutman
18 March 2019 06:22 pm

Rockhunter62 wrote:
Troutman wrote:

Sounds like you 2 need to harden up or find your own mojo again. Haven't been getting the rain you guys have been getting but we have had the heat. Still giving it a go though. Nike, just do it. thumbsup

Cheers

Doug

We'll be back to it again soon. The new rig has been getting a few modifications in readiness. Hopefully a trip to Clermont before Easter is on the cards.

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Flowerpot

Detectist
18 March 2019 07:36 pm

FP - why don't you pick up the finds you have found in the past and run your hands over them. Think about how you found them, and the weather at the time, and if you were with anyone and smile.

Now, what was left on that bucket list?

4 users like this post: Eluvial, Flowerpot, RM Outback, pagan prospector

Flowerpot
18 March 2019 08:27 pm

Detectist wrote:

FP - why don't you pick up the finds you have found in the past and run your hands over them. Think about how you found them, and the weather at the time, and if you were with anyone and smile.

I will give that a try detectist, thanks gold-nugget

2 users like this post: Detectist, ctxkid

ctxkid
19 March 2019 09:08 am

Detectist wrote:

i do that cool it does give some 'drive' an can remember where and when i found each coin yikes
strange really because i struggle to remember what day it is awful ops

Last edited by ctxkid (19 March 2019 09:08 am)

3 users like this post: RM Outback, Flowerpot, pagan prospector

Sleckie74
19 March 2019 05:31 pm

Hi Kerrie,
Don’t panic it’s still out there found these 2 bits on Sunday any time you wish to come out just holla smile . Well unless I’m working & your not hehe.
Scotty

1552976870_75143671-2e72-4c80-8619-7f076fa8be87.jpg

4 users like this post: pagan prospector, Flowerpot, 7.62marksman, goody2shoes

Flowerpot
20 March 2019 04:08 am

Okey Doke will do Scotty. Shift workers pha!!
I'm going to have a go at just using the nox for a while around footy ovals and in parks locally and out in the back paddock, just to see what I might dig up.

2 users like this post: Sleckie74, pagan prospector

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site