You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Worky
20 April 2018 04:07 pm

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if you're allowed to prospect around Majors creek (NSW)?
I usually stick to state forests to avoid having to try and work out what crown land I am and am not aloud on as it can get quite difficult.

Cheers, Anthony.

1 user likes this post: mudgee hunter

madtuna
20 April 2018 08:59 pm

Years ago I got some good gold from around majors creek but all on private property

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

Mackka
20 April 2018 09:13 pm

Not sure about Majors Creek or Aruluen these days I remember my daughter sparkling for the weekend after playing in the creek and getting covered head to foot in pyrite. lol lol lol
Mackka

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Mungoman, mudgee hunter

7.62marksman
20 April 2018 09:29 pm

1524220161_araluen_nsw.jpg
1524220180_majors_creek_nsw.jpg

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

1 user likes this post: mudgee hunter

Worky
20 April 2018 10:23 pm

After more research, it seems to be mostly conservation area around there. So am I right in assuming that means no prospecting?

Caconym
21 April 2018 12:05 am

First off, it's within a fossicking district, so no worries about clashing with mining titles AFAIK.

Second, here's two screen grabs from Google Earth. Green is National Park/Conservation, red is Crown land. (I took two grabs because they overlap)

ejojq4C.jpg

ZrYEHu4.jpg

I don't know what crown land might be leased, but there is some info on this site if you search for it. I believe walking Northish from Cemetery Rd between Major's Ck and Araluen was a possibility.

I'd love to get out there sometime.

Good luck.

Will you search through the lonely earth for me?
Climb through the briar and bramble? I'm waiting for you.

SWright
21 April 2018 01:21 pm

G'day Worky

The others a right. Private land around Majors Creek can be problematic as the newer landowners are mostly from Sydney and not at all friendly. Its also fairly rugged with limited access either by track or foot to where there is gold. Before moving to NE Vic I worked the area fairly well. First place to try is near the bridge on the Majors Creek road. Been well thrashed but you may be able to do well with a yabbie pump. You could also try up above the cemetery ( the Anglican one I think) but watch out for Tiger snakes and also up above the picnic area near the Araluen Braidwood rd on the Bottom Majors Creek road.

Araluen

brendomac
23 April 2018 08:54 am

You can go up to the Waterfall on Majors creek, 4WD is best, but you can walk there if you need to leave your car at the top. I found a couple of bits there, but not much (Doesn't matter where I go, I never find much). Lovely spot.

Jasmee
13 March 2019 09:54 pm

brendomac wrote:

You can go up to the Waterfall on Majors creek, 4WD is best, but you can walk there if you need to leave your car at the top. I found a couple of bits there, but not much (Doesn't matter where I go, I never find much). Lovely spot.

Do you need permission to access the falls or just keep driving past the property??

brendomac
15 March 2019 07:52 am

you can drive right in, no problem.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site