Happy Prospector App information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi peoples . I thought Id asked this before but cant find it . Does anyone know what the red and the blue colouring means. As in were you can go to do some detecting . Were at Newman rocks in wa and wife wants to go and do a bit of detecting .

Thanks Dibs

Gday dibs, red n blue coloring on what ?
Someone might know. :D

Happy Prospector is an App overlaying WA mining tennaments on survey maps with your position on it using gps..? Sounds good wondering if it is any good..

Bought the app loads up good..The base maps are shite..really shite..The historical gold mines are shite..But it does give current mine tenaments for W.A..with your position on the overlay..Which is good..If you know your way around and very familiar with the area it will be useful in its current form..But if your not you will be like the Fxxxarwe Indians..Were the Fxxxxarwe..The owner of this app needs to pull his finger out and improve the base maps cos without these Were the Fxxxarwe..

Mine is still working fine on my I pad..Everything works and loads good..Background maps still a lot of work needed..

I have been waiting 15 months for the android update . We only bought the android because back then it was all the app would work on . Then he brought out the ipad version with the much better updated system .what it does it does well but the base version is very limited
Jim

I've been emailing the developer. The Android pro app is in beta stage. Not sure when we can buy it yet.

Rockhunter62 said:
Detectist said:
I've been emailing the developer. The Android pro app is in beta stage. Not sure when we can buy it yet.

Yes but what does beta stage mean?

Cheers

Doug

Under test I believe. He tried to give me a link to it so it must be "fairly" close. However, I've used Geomap for next trip to WA (next month) - not as easy for knowing where you are as The Happy Prospector but what a powerful planning tool.

Hi folks,

The upgrade for the android version was released yesterday and I have upgraded mine.

It has a lot of better functions now which makes it that much more useful to the prospector. After having used the original version for the last year or so, I find this upgrade to be most beneficial. I wholeheartedly give this upgrade a big thumbs up. :Y: :Y: :Y: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you already have the standard android version just open it up to the map page and there will be a box there somewhere for you to upgrade. I think the upgrade was $29.99 and was up and running within minutes. :perfect:

Cheers

Doug

Hey Doug, does it work solely on your GPS location, or can you search with it?

Redfin

Hi Redfin,

I can open it up sitting here in the Sandstone area and search tenements over at Madtuna's location if I want to. Good research tool if you haven't got access to Tengraph Online. :Y:

I used to sit at home in Townsville and research my WA trip.

Cheers

Doug