Boat Battery question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

A quick question. How many years should I expect to get out of my cranking batteries on my boat? Ill be interested in what you have to say before I feed you some info.

Cheers

Les

Hi Les,

We used to find up in Darwin that even only a year was good after being in very hot conditions and getting pounded by the choppy conditions. 2 years for a good one. This was on a boat that was used every weekend.

Cheers

Doug

centenary boat battery about a n70 size have had one go for 6 years never missed a beat starting 90hp and running gps sounder plus lights one day dead latest battery is 2 years old and going fine

have worked on boats were battery lasts 12=18 months and know some 5=9 years old

Thanks guys. Thats what I expect as well but heres the story. I built my boat in late 2003 and got my batteries wholesale from a mate who was setting up a business in boat fitouts. The batteries were put in the boat in Feb of 2004 and have been there since that time. Have had them on the charger twice in fifteen years. Not that they needed charging, I just thought it would be a good idea. About ten years ago I asked my mate about the batteries as I was pleased that they had lasted five years. Wanted to contact the manufacturers to say well done. My mate replied:hows your Chinese? Surely they cant last much longer. If one goes Ill have to replace both of them.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts