Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There both good machines and will work really well in your area, there is a hell of a lot of history there, what a fantastic spot and a sight to see. There has to be good gold there and I am sure you will find some mate. Well I don't want to get off topic to much so when you have some spare time slip me a pm and we can go from there.

cheers mate

Cheers Ill prolly make it to the next meeting which is only a beach hunt from memory so hoping its pretty social. Just need to fill my camelbak with beer ??

The 4500 is a great first machine. Not too difficult. Just take every opportunity to read the manual.
Start with the factory settings, and don't tweak things too far off the factory preset for starters. If you Auto Tune and Ground balance correctly, you will find gold.

List of things to get? Here's what I'd recommend, in order of importance:

1. Water bottle and pouch that you can click onto your harness, or a water bladder.... or both

1B. Of equal importance are good sturdy non-metallic boots. I use Oliver AT's, but there's a few others around

2. A padded control box cover

3. Spare power lead

4. Better headphones, or at least an external speaker as a back-up

5. A good modern sensitive coil. 14x9" Evo or 12" Evo - both go great on the 4500.

6. SteelPhase sP01 Audio Enhancer

And maybe Number 1 on the list should be a quality pick.

Keen on buying a gpx4500 soon but not sure where to buy from, I was looking at s/h but for the extra $300-500 you can get brand new so i will get new I think.

My budgets $3-3400 so far lucky strike gold looks to have the best deal with a few extras thrown in plus a full day training and $100 store credit which would be great.

Also in the box what does the gpx4500 come with, do they come standard with headphones, harness, chargers etc? Or will this all need to be bought separate?

Thanks guys

Gday. Not sure where to go for you to get a gpx as I'm in S.A.
A new gpx will come with 2 coils...a DD and a Mono coil. Headphones, harness and the battery with charger. I also got twin external speakers.

It might help if you tell us your location.

I buy a lot of gear from Minersden on eBay. Free postage and usually wait for a discount code from ebay which brings the standard Minelab price down a bit. Got my Equinox for $100 less using a code.

VicGoldHunter said:
ctxkid said:
i can highly recommend lucky strike prospecting in geelong

Thats good, so far Im buying it from them. They offer the most value for money. The full day training would be awesome

being something that takes some learning i would go with the training in a flash :perfect:

VicGoldHunter said:
Keen on buying a gpx4500 soon but not sure where to buy from, I was looking at s/h but for the extra $300-500 you can get brand new so i will get new I think.

My budgets $3-3400 so far lucky strike gold looks to have the best deal with a few extras thrown in plus a full day training and $100 store credit which would be great.

Also in the box what does the gpx4500 come with, do they come standard with headphones, harness, chargers etc? Or will this all need to be bought separate?

Thanks guys

With my GPX 5000, Headphones, harness, battery, 12v and 240v chargers came with it. Miners den Bendigo is where I purchased mine, got a great package deal, great blokes were the two Shanes :Y: I would highly reccomend them.

Three main dealers in Victoria Miners den [MELD AND BENDIGO] Coiltek [Maryborough] Luckystrike[Geelong] all give a free train day all the accessories you named are standard with the detector ring them all to get the best $ regards john :Y:

If you hurry there is a super special @ Miners den Bendigo

They have put up on FB this week ( maybe not now ) until sold , buy a 4500 and get an Xterra 705 ( valued at $550 ) Included ...!!

Good buy , you get the best of 2 x detectors

Thanks Trash for pointing it out ....?

You can sell the Xterra 705 for $500 ( so you get a very cheap 4500 ) or keep it used it to hunt coins & relics , friends , family kids can use it

Trash said:
Good buy , you get the best of 2 x detectors

Thanks Trash for pointing it out ....?

You can sell the Xterra 705 for $500 ( so you get a very cheap 4500 ) or keep it used it to hunt coins & relics , friends , family kids can use it

Yes thank you! Thats true just wanted to buy it from luckystrickprospecting in Geelong for there day tour. It looked great. Miners den do there own apparently up in Bendigo that is included in the gpx purchase

Latest posts