Checkout this Awesome Fridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that wrong RR.. The Sun Never Shines where you are.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a real good guestamate on Quality where an item is made.. As these Companies will import crap from xyz and sell the product as Made in Australia for an example... They are making No misrepresentation as the product IS made in Australia... It's the Quality and Origin of the parts that needs to be investigated, and that info is NOT easily found out... I know of a Camper Trailer Business locally, and they proudly say there's is 'Australian Made' and even have the stickers on it.. Using every bit of crap out of China bought over in Shipping Containers... Even their Stainless pop rivets Rust... :mad: A mate bought one and now is in a legal battle to get his $$ back... The Quality of this item is utterly Disgusting and they have the nerve to place Proudly Made in Australia stickers on it....

LW....

Know what your mates going through LW, had a trailer custom built ,biggest piece of :poop: i ever bought.A 5 year old would have done a better job, with a bob the builder tool kit :lol: 8.( :lol: 8.(

initial response from Deltacron from my enquiry.
Thank you for you interest in our product(s). Our solar powered coolers have been received well by the market especially in the semi arid regions like Namibia and South Africa.
The rural areas of some African regions too, have benefited from this product as a temporal, but important fix as they wait for their areas to be connected to the grid.
Here in Canada, the campers are our good customers due to the compatibility of the coolers.
To answer your questions, we do not have an agent or reseller in Australia yet. We would definitely love to work with someone in that region that can market and help boost sales. As for the ambient temperature, our coolers are tested for +35 degrees celsius and they have performed just fine. Their interior temperature can go to as low as -25 degrees celsius. This is because they use a compressor as opposed to other similar coolers that use thermo cooling.

I didnt ask a couple of questions I should have, & they overlooked one I did ask, so I have sent back for more info.
main thing is, it IS a compressor fridge, not just a cooler.
DED

condor22 said:
RR You'll need a bigger fridge mate, for storing all the food that won't be available post Brexit :)

I like your Thinking, Ok I'm On It, :Y: I just been checking out the Engel 80L but they only have the 12v version not the 12v/240v and I really like the 60L but again the only have the 12v version, And the 60L is $1870.13c and the 80L is $2806.13c, Crikey I only paid $1407.74c for the ARB 78L,

I nearly bought the ARB 35L yesterday to go with the other 2, And I looked at Snomaster, There is no way would I buy a National LOONEY the importer over here Charges like a Wounded Bull for them, Their 80L is $2710.66c and their 95L is $3663.50c, If that 95L lasted 20 years it would still have cost 183.18c per year, By that time I'd be to flaming Old to open the Lid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bugga, Can you Imagine having a Fridge full of Beer and hanging out for a Coldie and ya can't get the flaming Lid Open, :brokenh: :(

J.

Ded Driver said:
initial response from Deltacron from my enquiry.
Thank you for you interest in our product(s). Our solar powered coolers have been received well by the market especially in the semi arid regions like Namibia and South Africa.
The rural areas of some African regions too, have benefited from this product as a temporal, but important fix as they wait for their areas to be connected to the grid.
Here in Canada, the campers are our good customers due to the compatibility of the coolers.
To answer your questions, we do not have an agent or reseller in Australia yet. We would definitely love to work with someone in that region that can market and help boost sales. As for the ambient temperature, our coolers are tested for +35 degrees celsius and they have performed just fine. Their interior temperature can go to as low as -25 degrees celsius. This is because they use a compressor as opposed to other similar coolers that use thermo cooling.

I didnt ask a couple of questions I should have, & they overlooked one I did ask, so I have sent back for more info.
main thing is, it IS a compressor fridge, not just a cooler.
DED

Sounds good Ay, The confusion comes in where many folks from America and Canada refer to fridges as "Coolers" when the fact is they are Two very different things,

J.

Jaros said:
Something like an "Icy Pole" and an "Ice Cream"?? :)

Yep that's right, Crazy thing is over here they get it back to front calling Coolers "Fridges", I haven't seen anyone over here with a proper Fridge yet, Mainly because they are too tight fisted, I won't print what the Mrs (Over here") said when I first told her I wanted to buy an Engel,

Now She's gone and I Got 2 Fridges, I'd call that a fair Swap Ay, Lol, :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol: :perfect:

J.

Jaros said:
Still freezing over there isn't it? Had a look--average between 4C AND 14C BUY SOME FRIDGES MATE!!!

LOL, Actually the winter time over here is the best time to buy any thing to do with camping either New or Second hand, In the winter time they soon loose the urge to go camping and then they sell off their gear and the Camping shops get low on Customers,

Those BBQ Plates I just bought should of been 80 bucks each and I got the two of them for $59.90c, Baring in mind there is no chance of me having a BBQ in these Temps they were too good an offer to pass up, even though it say's it's going to be 4*c, Last week it was 21.7*c and 20.6*c, If I had bought them in April or May they would of cost the earth, So there is a method in my madness.

I paid $1407.74 for my ARB 78L and it should of cost me $1826.90 saving me $419.16 and it was free Next Day delivery, And my ARB 47L cost me $1057.68 and it should of cost me $1490.12 saving me $432.43, So overall I saved $851.59 by buying them in the winter time, :Y:

Jaros said:
Personally I prefer the warmth to a "GRIN" on the chin. Well done.

Yeah mate so do I, I'd rather be back home but that would mean starting all over again and at my age with my Health I don't think I could do it all over again.

update from Deltacron with more answers on the solar charged lithium battery fridge;

1: Would you ship to Australia, & if so approx. what price & shipping costs?
Yes we have been shipping our coolers to varies international destinations like Namibia, Zambia, India, Chile to mention just a few. We have never shipped to Australia but with your cooperation we sincerely hope to. The shipping costs all depend on the destination country and also the courier. We advise our international customers to advise us if they have a cheaper way to transport the coolers.

2: Our inland climate commonly reaches +40c, would this affect warranty? (I realise any minor issues would be taken care of personally due to no official sales/service agents here)
Our coolers are tested for a temperature of +35 degrees celsius, I am sure an extra +5 degrees wouldnt be a problem. As for warranty this would be something we would have to work out with an order.

3: Can the solar panel be detached & an extension cord (made to suit) be used so as to put the cooler in the shade & the panels in the sun?
The solar panels can be detached, this way it makes storage and transportation easier. The inbuilt lithium battery, when fully charged, can run for upto 14hours with no need to recharge. The cabin temperature of the coolers can go as low as -25 degrees. They can hold a temperature of below zero degrees for about 6 hours while the fridge is off. Which is half the time a good regular/industrial fridge should hold.

4: Are they fully manufactured in Canada, or assembled in Canada from imported parts, or fully manufactured elsewhere?
Our coolers are designed by our company, (our patent is pending is North America and Europe) but manufactured using various parts from different trusted partners. Currently we are looking for a cheaper way to assemble then as labour cost in North America is becoming too expensive. We are doing our very best to reduce the manufacturing cost, which reduction we can pass on to our customers. But in doing this, we are very mindful not to compromise the quality of the coolers with the manufacturing cost.

May I ask if you need these products for personal use or you have market for them there in Australia? Either way, we hope to work with you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself or my sales colleagues. I look forward to hearing from you and hope this is the beginning of a warm business relationship

I especially like the answer to #3; yes the panels can be detached :D
But sheeesh, ask a few questions & they want me to get into bed with them! :eek:
Anyone here wants a business venture as an agent should get in touch with them!

update: nominal pricing from Deltacron

Thanks for you email again. We will definitely look into the RV and camping market in Australia. It would seem like that would be a very good market to get into.
As for the pricing, the 25L is going for $1199.99 USD and the 50L is going for $1,649.99 USD

I just love that 1c discount off $1200 & $1650 :awful:
at current exchange rate today US 0.71c
US$1200 = AU$1693
US$1650 = AU$2328
so they are pricey, but that includes the solar panel & lithium battery.

Hi All,

I have indeed owed this little fridge for 2 plus years.

It is robust, the battery works great, I use it constantly camping. I did get the soalr panel with it. I never use it as I am always on grub but my dad who is an off grib guy tested it out and was happy with it. It does freeze to -25ish and happily hums at 0 degrees. It fits 20 to 22 can of beer if that helps. Great little machine.

Oh and the USB port is great to charge your phone. I end up plugging my phone at the end of night camping and wake up and it is fully charged!

They have a 45 litre one too I think. I prefer my one 25ish liter one.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts