Equinox arm band assistant.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lateagain

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the Equinox out few days ago along with the long handled scoop and found that one of the problems that I had was what to do when I wanted to get something out of the scoop as the equinox was still on my arm, my only choice was to put it down, do the search of the scoop and then pick it up and go again. Yesterday I made the following out of an old wet suit type material and a length of 10mm webbing and a clip release buckle.

1552352689_dscf1821.jpg

It is placed towards the outside of the arm as a few times it got caught over my elbow and would not move far enough to get my hand out, but when it was in the correct angle it allowed me to let the equinox go, had sufficient movement to do what ever I needed and then just reach down and put my hand through the back of the equinox and away we went again. Second photo is of it hanging off the elbow brace, no real weigh is noticed as the coil is still on the sand.

1552353112_dscf1822.jpg

The strap is about the length from the elbow to hand plus a small amount, I just experimented before sewing it all together. I found that I just needed to be able to grab the strap across the elbow section and it was easy to get back on. Probably should have put in a patent on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Possibly would work on other detectors that do not use a harness.

Very good :Y:
I should do something like that as well :)
I had to make another velcro strap as the one supplied would not go around my forearm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mackka said:
Smokey you did mention sometime back that you were a big bloke.
Mackka

Yer mate weight lifting was good when I was younger
But not so good now I'm older..I have to put alot of effot into just moving some days.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also have the Equinox 800 and I did not like having to take my arm out of the strap every time to do some digging, so I just put my arm on top of the strap and it sits there just fine when using it.