Post Your Sweetest Images Here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1549253063_cf1202e2-6817-4079-9695-875a009935a5.jpg

Guessologist said:
RM Outback said:
Early morning Shepparton Vic it's the best time of day to be up and about, 3 hours in and the day is waking up :Y:

Are you me?

Sounds pretty identical to my average day; in the GV, out the door at 4:30 for work, could be 5:30 but I can get an hour of detecting in at the start of the day since I'm child wrangling at knockoff usually.

Wouldn't mind being you and get in an hour of detecting but that ain't the case. I rolled into Shep around 1/4 to 6 took the photo around 7. I had to zoom in on the tree turned out OK thanks to the phone :Y:

Thanks for the nice comment RM Outback, the new glass has dual image stabilisation, makes hand held shots in reasonable light relatively easy.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Thanks for the nice comment RM Outback, the new glass has dual image stabilisation, makes hand held shots in reasonable light relatively easy.
Cheers, SinHof.

It's all over my head mate :argh: so I'm glad you've got it sorted otherwise I doubt I'd ever see such photos. I love the detail, looks great keep'em coming :Y: Have you got any close ups of your Gold finds I reckon that camera equipment you've got would show some great detail :Y: :beer:

G' Day RM Outback; Still early days with the new lens, will try some shots off AU a bit later and thanks for the comments, appreciated.
Cheers, SinHof.

I thought these were a couple of interesting images I took a couple of weeks back (apologies for the reflections). The first is (some of) the inner cluster of islands in the Torres Strait. Thursday Island is government central. There are a couple of big islands missing in the shot. Wednesday island is fairly big with a population of 0 and is behind where the shot was taken. And there is Horn island which is left of the shot. 53 sq.km and a population of 650. Home of the local airport. Where Thursday Islands sewerage is buried. The garbage is dump is. The gold mine is. And the cyanide pond is (no idea what that is). Also where Thursday Island gets it's drinking (non-drinkable) water from. :argh:

1552216908_ti.jpg

This other image is of Warraber (Sue) Island. I was going to post this in another thread for the obvious reasons but..... It is one of the higher islands or inhabited sand cays in the Torrres Strait, with a peak elevation of 6m. It has a population of 250. There are other inhabited islands up here which are considerably lower. Not hard to see how a minor change in weather can affect these small low lying places.

1552217366_warraber.jpg

Warraber has only been recently permanently inhabited. About 60 years ago after a dispute over water on a relatively near by island called Coconut.

Got a mate up there ATM doing Gyproc .... The materials have quadrupled in price up there and now they have teamed up with a few other crews and are trucking up materials direct from Brisbane... 1 B double on a constant return trip.... :money:

LW....

Thats typical hey LW. People forget how big the trucking network is in Qld and many of my clients get their goods direct from Brisbane.
It is a shame because the local blokes really need the money but greed takes over. Sorry for the rant.
Mackka

Don't be Sorry for someone's Greed Mackka... Happens after every Disaster in Australia.... I have another mate that is a carpet cleaner down south, and he went up there to help and Charges the same rate as he did in his home town.. Only now He is now doing 12hr days 7 days pw... An Insurance company told him to up his rate x3 and he will get their work... He doesn't NEED their work... :p

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Got a mate up there ATM doing Gyproc .... The materials have quadrupled in price up there and now they have teamed up with a few other crews and are trucking up materials direct from Brisbane... 1 B double on a constant return trip.... :money:

LW....

Aye. It's a big supply demand pricing here on everything. We were getting pinged $12 for half a moldy cauliflower (blaming the flooding
:( for the high (ridiculous) prices of food). VB is $70 a slab (That's normal). And the bottle shop is $72 for 24 small bottles of water and the tap water is undrinkable at the moment.
Freight can be expensive but as your mate discovered you have to be smart about moving goods. Most stuff is shipped by barge from Cairns. Three day trip. Really no other way. A lot of the inflated prices up here though is price gouging.
But at the end of the day its all worth it. Especially for the kids. They're leave here with some great memories. :inlove: