Few questions about wireless audio.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok let me start by saying I have a gpx 4500 and a nox 800

Nox 800 uses that apx low latency thing so I presume the included wireless box is.

Does that mean Im simply able to get a apx low latency transmitter plug it into the cpx and go with that. To either use the nox wireless module or the included wireless nox headphones?

Is the apx protocol backwards compatable with normal Bluetooth. Yes i know there will be a delay but could use any normal earphone set up.

The WM08 wireless module operates on Minelabs own proprietary wireless system so won't connect with any Bluetooth transmitters.
The Equinox 800 wireless headphones will connect with Bluetooth transmitters & something that is Aptx low latency would be best.
The Aptx system should be backwards compatible with other Bluetooth systems but I've never tested it out to be sure?
There are a number of options available for the GPX to achieve wireless set up if you have a small battery or can manage the stock larger battery mounted on the control box.
Some that are reported to work well include:
Minelab ProSonic
Quest wirefree systems
Avantree Saturn Pro Aptx low latency tx/rx units
Xvive U2 wireless https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29920

get a Bluetooth transmitter with 3.5mm headphone jack for the input off ebay.
plug it into the headphone output on the unit and pair with you headphones or whatever you want to send it to.

Decoy said:
get a Bluetooth transmitter with 3.5mm headphone jack for the input off ebay.
plug it into the headphone output on the unit and pair with you headphones or whatever you want to send it to.

Unfortunately a lot of the eBay bluetooth units are not low latency which means there is a slight delay in response. This can be a little frustrating when trying to pinpoint deep small targets.

Personally the best wireless I have found is the Quest Wirefeee Mate system.