Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFLMFAO... music, i am always behind lol.

How about it is Black and White to me...

But after some good hunting and then having to use shitty laggy headphones... it could be life or death if you come and ask me how it is going..

Like getting out of a good auto and then driving one with bad band adjustment...

Long story short, i dislike any lag... if your happy or don't find it a problem, all well and good.

But i am not...

I would like to thank all parties in this thread as I have learnt an absolute ton on bluetooth. My current setup that I use on my computer is old and lags bad. After following both topics I now know what to buy and what not to. :Y: :Y: :Y:

AngerManagement said:
ROFLMFAO... music, i am always behind lol.

How about it is Black and White to me...

But after some good hunting and then having to use shitty laggy headphones... it could be life or death if you come and ask me how it is going..

Like getting out of a good auto and then driving one with bad band adjustment...

Long story short, i dislike any lag... if your happy or don't find it a problem, all well and good.

But i am not...

AngerMan.., I like your analogy to an auto. I detest autos with a passion. I hate that slight lag, even in a modified auto, it just doesn't compare to a manual with a responsive throttle. So, .... I can live with the encumbrance of a cord, & probably wont ever buy BT headphones. I will be tethered till they put me in a box. Besides, the less RF around the better I say, even if people cant detect (haha) any interference from BT :cool:

Ded Driver said:
AngerMan.., I like your analogy to an auto. I detest autos with a passion. I hate that slight lag, even in a modified auto, it just doesn't compare to a manual with a responsive throttle. So, .... I can live with the encumbrance of a cord, & probably wont ever buy BT headphones. I will be tethered till they put me in a box. Besides, the less RF around the better I say, even if people cant detect (haha) any interference from BT :cool:

Depending on the car, 4x4 Auto's not bad in some sand driving conditions; but manuals I like other than when you have a stuffed left Knee LOL.... Bloody old age..

PS. Thanks for Ack the analogy, as due to many technical points. It is not always to convey in feeling/observations but i thought that most of us older grumpy old men would understand it...

Worse I ever experienced was in a Auto HQ Holden ( The guy had to pay top $ for an Auto in those days) and we never got the bugger right, my 2012 Auto Hilux is OK but it is what it is at my age...

yep im hearin ya AM (only just tho, as the hearing is at about 60-70%.. age catches up no matter how fast we go. ahhh & yeah, 'grumpy ol men' ... well my daughters reckon im ok, but my son thinks im a grumpy ol man sometimes, but he gives me cause to get grumpy.
SO, solution, headphones on the head, & a cable plugged into either a detector, or the stereo .... with NOOOOO lag :lol:

ZF autos rock, one of the best things Ford ever did was start using them in their cars. :)

I don't like lag either but you're really not going to notice anything under 20 or 30 ms in my opinion. If you're talking phase issue lag then I can hear that even at 1 frame out when mixing music!

Though 1 channel straight to headphones is very unlikely to be noticed under 20ms.

Which headphones do you guys use? My Nox 600 will be arriving shortly so Ill be looking for a decent but reasonably priced pair of wireless headphones for detecting, dont want anything too bulky, and I dont mind the idea of ear buds. Probably wouldnt want to spend more than $50 on em,

What do you guys use? Can I just use a generic pair. Or did they have to be designed for detecting in mind

cheers

Low latency aptx should be your criteria
Other wise you could struggle

Good luck finding them for under $50

I'm thinking the stock headphones would be far better than anything you could pick up for $50 or even $100.

never used them found the nox loud enough threw the internal speaker and you get a hand feel from the noise even on windy days I can here the tones on my mates nox 20-30 meters away and he heres mine :Y:

If you can find someone who got the 800 and run upgraded headphones you may be able to buy the stock 800 headphones, I reckon they are brilliant and would connect wireless.

savage bitter said:
never used them found the nox loud enough threw the internal speaker and you get a hand feel from the noise even on windy days I can here the tones on my mates nox 20-30 meters away and he heres mine :Y:

Thats the problem, been doing some night hunts, dont want to wake the neighbourhood up with bleep bleep bleep haha

guipago said:
I'm thinking the stock headphones would be far better than anything you could pick up for $50 or even $100.

600 headphones are wired unfortunately, I do like lords idea, might try to snag someones unwanted 800 headphones

Not exactly sure of the battery life, Ive got the original headphones from the 800, and they last at least 2 days out in the bush (so at least about 16 hours).

DetectingSA said:
Which headphones do you guys use? My Nox 600 will be arriving shortly so Ill be looking for a decent but reasonably priced pair of wireless headphones for detecting, dont want anything too bulky, and I dont mind the idea of ear buds. Probably wouldnt want to spend more than $50 on em,

What do you guys use? Can I just use a generic pair. Or did they have to be designed for detecting in mind

cheers
Mate I got the 800 headphones and they are awesome.
You can get waterproof bluetooth earbuds on Ebay for around $20/$30 that are not to bad either.Obviously they are not low latency but still work well especially on those real hot days. And no matter how good your hearing is, when your at the beach and the surf is rough and the wind is howling you need headphones of some sort. :) :Y: :beer:

Hi All,

Just wanting to invest in the best headphones out there and just want peoples opinions.

I heard ZX Pro gold are Good???

Please redirect me if this topic has been talked about recently.

TIA

The only contribution I can make here is the comparison between the Koss headphones that came with the Gpx 5000 which are crap (they kept falling off of my head, have PVC Pleather cups which made my ears sweat really badly, have a lead which I found too short, and have a rather crappy sound), and the pair of Sunray Gold Pro's that I bought from the US which are a great set of headphones. Leather Cups, great fit, Volume adjustment left and right (great if your hearing isn't as good in one ear like mine), Volume limiter for screaming junk. Love 'em

Deepseeker said:
The only contribution I can make here is the comparison between the Koss headphones that came with the Gpx 5000 which are crap (they kept falling off of my head, have PVC Pleather cups which made my ears sweat really badly, have a lead which I found too short, and have a rather crappy sound), and the pair of Sunray Gold Pro's that I bought from the US which are a great set of headphones. Leather Cups, great fit, Volume adjustment left and right (great if your hearing isn't as good in one ear like mine), Volume limiter for screaming junk. Love 'em

Yes the Koss make a great neck warmer if you wrap a wooly scarf around them and place around neck. lol

Do the Sunray's still make your ears sweat?

Latest posts