You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

texta
09 March 2019 09:25 pm

bought a new android tab A yesterday first one i have ever had still scratching my head and working out how to drive it . what i would like to know is what would be the most useful maps program to put on it for our hobby . i will be putting wiki camps on it cos its handy and the tablet has google maps of course but for the eternal search for shiny things whats is a good value useful maps .
NSW , QLD mainly at the moment further afield maybe later .
johno

gpx4500 standard com mono and DD and coiltek elite 14" mono . exterra 705 4 coils . garret pointer . sluices pans and sundries ,

1 user likes this post: goody2shoes

pinfire opals
09 March 2019 11:24 pm

Hi Texta, i use memory map, and australian topo maps, both are free to download via the play store app,just type the names in the search function. Another good gps app is waze it even has all police cameras as well and is free. I hope this was a big help to you, Cheers Noel. thumbsup

Garret Infinium LS. Minelab GM1000, - Chasing Every Colour Of The Rainbow smile

texta
09 March 2019 11:48 pm

ok thanks very much for that i will check them out . i had a heap of problems today trying to download and install a trend micro android security thing i bought from hardly normal . i ended up clicking on a site that turned out to be very dodgy to say the least .they were pretending to be trend micro site but when the fellow on the phone told me he needed another 199 bucks to sort out my issue i realised the phone number on the dodgy site was even more dodgy and after an hour or so in chat with telstra got it sorted so all good now , but i have had enough of the tablet for one day .
johno

gpx4500 standard com mono and DD and coiltek elite 14" mono . exterra 705 4 coils . garret pointer . sluices pans and sundries ,

Stru
10 March 2019 12:50 am

I use google maps for all my nav. I have a handheld gps for backup. Just view the area you plan to go beforehand and it is retained for about a month in memory. Out in the field the detail is great and it works off gps so you can always see yourself as the blue dot on the screen

GPZ7000. SDC2300. Nox800. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site