Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Psycho

Im my opinion youd be better off , if the creek was empty and theyve had no rain ! That way you can dig areas that are normally under water . Theres always a deep pool to find water to pan with . That creek has been dug over a milli N times , but not the parts that are normally under water !

Good luck

Let us know how you went

Regards.

Gunter

Psycho said:
Can anyone tell me if Tuena has seen any rain lately or what the river is like? Hoping there's more water than in the update from April. Wanna take my brother and his kids for a pan this weekend.

Cheers :Y:
HI psycho
Went through there Saturday morning, wasn't running then, though they may have had some rain since.
Cheers
Mick

Psycho said:
Can anyone tell me if Tuena has seen any rain lately or what the river is like? Hoping there's more water than in the update from April. Wanna take my brother and his kids for a pan this weekend.

The whole area's been very dry all autumn. There was 80mm or so in the catchment in February but only a couple of 10 mm events since with very little runoff so I reckon there won't be much water in the creek

Regards,
Tote

Cheers :Y:

Heading to tuena on the 21/10 to 27/10 , would like to know what the creek level is after this rain we've had lately :pickshovel:

Hi all,
I'm going to spend 2 days in early November prospecting around Tuena with the kids; just wondering what public access is like to Tuena Creek in general and if there are landowner concerns especially off the Mt Costigan road.
I'm coming from Tassie and also debating whether to pack the SDC2300 or just stick to panning??
open to suggestions!
Thinking it will be warm, but not unbearable, not camping, but will stay at Crookwell.
thanks,
Drystone

Hi guys, just wondering if any body has been to the creek recently? I will be heading that way this weekend and wondering if There is any flow to run a sluice.
(thinking about chopping the feeder off my highbanker since its been outlawed)
Will definitely take the pans but I doubt the highbanker will make any further outings : (

hi Digginholes,
as per previous post, I was there about a fortnight ago, went to Tuena Ck below the Mt Costigan rd crossing: pools of water with sluggish flow between: it would be marginal for a sluice in my opinion, but having said that, we had good rain whilst there (good for the land, not so good for my first trip to the area!) If you could find an area of steeper gradient or make a little dam it might be the go.
The area looked interesting for both panning and detecting, but heavy weather curtailed much decent exploring: I hope you have a better run!
As an aside, I managed to find numerous crevicing tools that people had left behind on the bedrock :)
cheers,
Drystone

Cheers mate, the creek was low with very little flow.
Did I little panning and managed to find a small .44g nugget in a boiler hole in the bedrock but very little from the rest of the weekend.
Detecting turned up the usual lead and wire but no nuggets :(
The gold in the creek seems to have gotten a lot finer since the last two floods.

Sorry to re hatch an old thread but has anyone been out to tuena campground in the last week or two? How is the creek? Anything new in the last 12 months I should be aware of?
Cheers for your time guys
Jamie

I was there last week end, the creek is very dry, no water flowing at all and is basically a few puddles in the deepest sections only, the good news is you can still pan and some great spots are accessible while the water is low :playful:

Hey all,

Just thinking of a trip out to Tuena and as I have never been there before was wondering what access to the creek is like and where I can get to the creek other than the camp grounds. Cheers in advance

Paul

1555217879_images.jpeg.jpg

Latest posts