NSW State Forests Permit information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The state wide permits will be available again once the new online system goes live in early 2014 (when they were intended to be released).

The recent surge in applications from Prospecting Australia members did play a part in the state wide permit being put on hold, but this is only because we highlighted an internal inconsistency in the way permits were being issued between the different offices. Basically everyone was going through the Dubbo office to obtain SWP's because several of the offices refused to issue them.

If you need to fossick in a specific region over Christmas, then it might be worth forking out the $22 to cover your backside until the SWP's are available (again). Otherwise I'd hold off until January.

Sorry if my last post was badly worded.
I did not mean it was our fault.
As Nugget said, the large amount of applications showed Forestry how flawed and out of date their system is.
Confusion between different offices as to how to administer permits.
When it's all sorted we should have a simplified online system.

Hey no worries Rod, it wasn't taken that way. Just wanted to give everyone the full story :)

Nuggert I would assume that statewide permits already issued are still valid until there expired eg.
SEP 2013 TO SEP 2014.
TheSmithy

thesmithy said:
Nuggert I would assume that statewide permits already issued are still valid until there expired eg.
SEP 2013 TO SEP 2014.
TheSmithy

Yes they are :)

Thanks Matt,
Hey Rod I just can't talk to you now being a mod and all that upper management.. the enemy etc.
congratulations mate best man for the job.
great choice Nuggert.
Cheers
TheSmithy....!

mbasko said:
I got my state forest permit through Dubbo office & it was an easy process. The one they gave me covers all of NSW. Give them a ring P: 6841 4288 - I organised mine through phone/email as I am about an hour away.
An old post from back in May. Maybe I shoulda kept me mouth shut :lol:
Good to see an online system coming after some pushing from various sources.

From all reports the online statewide permit system is still on track for a January 2014 kick off - but with xmas etc. I would assume it will more than likely be late January though.

mmmm I didn't realize that the new system was pending , I applied for a permit before Christmas through Batemans bay and was told that it was only valid for southern region - does that mean I have to reapply for a statewide permit after January ??? - wasted $22 as I see it

bazza2210 said:
mmmm I didn't realize that the new system was pending , I applied for a permit before Christmas through Batemans bay and was told that it was only valid for southern region - does that mean I have to reapply for a statewide permit after January ??? - wasted $22 as I see it
I'm in the same boat Barry. I want to detect in south coast but want to go to Nundle and Hill End as well

Hey Guys
I just downloaded the NSW Forest Permit and filling it out, then seen $110 Application FEE!!!

Grrrrrrr this use to be $22 :mad:

I called the Dubbo office today and the lady I spoke to said that online applications will be introduced online, the 1st of April on the Forestry website and you will be able to state "All NSW State Forests"

If your interested log on the 1st of April (hopefully its not an April fools joke)!

Latest posts