Gemorama 2019..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its all been sorted and here is the Flyer for the Week-ends Activities for GEMORAMA 2019.... :pickshovel:
1551003917_52594348_1133762080130499_4806984735496601600_n.jpg

Field Trips cost $20pp and leave at 9.30am from Bobs Property... Tickets are available from 8am if you haven't pre-booked..

Bookings can be made through here and Banking Details are...

Regional Australia Bank

BSB: 932 000

Account No# 714 787

After you have booked, Please Email: [email protected] with subject: 'GEMORAMA' and let Bob know what Field Trips/Dinners/Camping you are interested in....

Field Trip #1... 27.5 km from Emmaville......This Location has been Mined but Never Fossicked.. The Owner wanted its exact Location Hidden.. Hence 'Mystery Trip". There are 3 Locations where numerous Minerals can be found, including Copper, Azurite, Quartz, Tin, Silver, Lead, Zinc, Fluorite, Galena, Chalcopyrite, Sphalerite..
Due to the Terrain STRICTLY 4WD ONLY... there is also Fishing here as there are numerous 'Holes' in the River (if we get some rain) where Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Silver and Golden Perch, Redfin and Catfish can be caught and Released...

Field Trip #2... 27.5 km from Emmaville..... Wellingrove Creek where Sapphires can be found with some Effort.. This Trip is STRICTLY 4WD ONLY as the Track in is very Rocky but the Scenery is well worth the Trip...

Please Note that Mondays Field Trip to Pretty Valley is strictly limited to 40 Fossickers as it is a small area and can only support limited numbers...

Don't forget to 'Like' the GEMORAMA Facebook Page.... :D

Any Questions, just ask Me... :koala:

LW....

Dihusky said:
Not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately, hope it all goes well

That is a shame, I was looking forward to seeing your truck

Gday Lonewolf.
Im thinking of heading down to Gemorama and have a couple of questions for you.
Does the camping area have any toilet facilities?
I was thinking of doing the Sunday and Monday field trips. Are they okay for kids to join in (6yr old)
Is a 4wd needed for Mondays trip to Pretty Creek?
Im just gearing up to take my wife and son down to Minerama next week for our first crack at fossicking and wouldnt mind doing another outing.
Cheers,
Martyz

No, Camping is for Self-contained campers, meaning BYO Toilet and shower (if you need one that is)... But there is a Caravan park about 2kms from Bob's place that has and Camping too.. If you need the number I can give it to you...

Yes both those trips will be ok for the Kids. Trip 1 is also kid-friendly and is the only trip that water is Not needed..
BUT the other Trips may change due to the lack of water in the Creeks. The Owners of Pretty Valley are very worried We will use what water there is left. :rolleyes: :lol: ....

I will know a bit more on that soon... and no 4x4 needed for pretty valley... Unless they get a lot of rain...

Also it WILL be Cold at the time of year it's on so bring your Doonas and Onesie's..... :playful: :argh:

Some Minerama News Now :

Minerama has also been drought affected... There is now a 'Disclaimer' on the website about 'Cancelations' and/or 'change of Venues' due to the Drought...

The Whole area is so affected from this drought that the Seven and Sara/Mitchel rivers and surrounding Creeks are not flowing ATM....

LW.... :koala:

Thanks for the quick reply LW. Still sounds like it could be fun even if a little more challenging. I might grab that caravan park contact just in case.
Lets hope some autumn rains come through in the meantime.
Cheers.
Martyz

No worries I will get it and post it up tomorrow... I deleted it out of my phone as we don't 'Get On' anymore :mad: :mad: .... WWoE... ;)
There is also 2 pubs in town that have warm toasty beds too if that sounds better... 1 Good, 1 Ok.... And a very good pub at Deepwater... :Y:

Bob will also have heaps of warm fires burning for the Night Activities too... I will be camped with one each side of me :fire:

LW.....

Hello Mr LW, currently in sydney waiting on some bits and pieces for the van and truck, so we can tour the mount surprise georgetown areas straight after our stay in Rockhampton for their show

looking forward to seeing some nice colour in agate gcreek

ray

Helloo to you too Mr Gilly, Good to see you are back on the Road Living the Dream. :Y: :perfect:
.. Agate creek should have lots of New Goodies waiting to be found after all this rain they have had up there.... Don't forget to post up some pics of your finds... One day we will get up there too... :perfect:

LW......

Replied to to your message LW. Hope it got through because Im not sure what Im doing.
Martyz

No, no Pm yet... I will PM you again with my Number this time :koala: ... I think you forgot to hit send at the bottom of the Message page... I do that one all the time.. {) or forgot to enter a 'Subject' like Gemorama or Minerama...
You will get the hang of it... :)

I just sent another one with my phone number to you...

LW...

Just a bit of an update on Gemorama 2019.... BANKING DETAILS LISTED ABOVE HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND BEST TO CONTACT BOB FOR NEW DETAILS... sorry but it was a Bank issue, not Me... {)

Things are well in place and with quite a few coming it should be a great Event.... All Locations are locked in and with lots to be found for the Mineral Collector...

LW....

Not too far away for Gemorama 2019.... :gemstone:

So, who from PA is making the Journey? :pickshovel:

Bring ya Woolies... :fire: Lots of :fire: :koala:

LW.....

Nothing like a good frost on your Beard Mr Gilly.. {)

Now, after one of the worst Droughts in the New England District this year, We have been forced to cancel the Pretty Valley Field Trip on the Monday due to lack of Water... Hardly any rivers and creeks are flowing in the area, so I would presume fishing is non-existent as well.... :/

But the good news is that We have a back-up venue.... always need a back-up plan... O:)

I will announce the New Field Trip tomorrow Night... but still just as good for Sapphires... :pickshovel: :gemstone:

LW..... :koala:

Can't wait for this LW. Heading up on Friday for a father son trip. Sorry to hear about the need for a change of location so close to the event, must be a bit of a headache. Not as much as the one the farmers are suffering though. Any news on the location for that trip? Have to head home on the Monday so might have to miss that one anyway.

Latest posts