You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Caconym
07 December 2018 02:06 pm

Hi all. I've just been blown away by the generosity of spirit on this forum.

My new SPP and Sadie coil are at the post office waiting for me to go pick them up. This will be my first detector.

I was wondering if there might be somebody within an hour or two of Canberra who has experience with White's PI machines and would be willing to spend some time helping me learn my way around it, in exchange for a six-pack or something?

Thanks for reading. Here's a kitten.

Will you search through the lonely earth for me?
Climb through the briar and bramble? I'm waiting for you.

3 users like this post: MegsyB007, DropBear, Ridge Runner

Adrian ss
06 February 2019 06:43 pm

Just wondering how you are getting along with the SPP?

Adrian SS

Caconym
06 February 2019 06:48 pm

I've taken it out a few times. I got the Sadie coil for it, and it's interesting seeing the difference different coils make. No gold yet, but I've found a few coins, some lead shot & a .22 slug, and my current best find; some weird little aluminium tea cup with two handles.

It's been discouragingly hot, but I'm hoping to get out again soon.

Edit: oh, and I've found my pinpointer causes a fair bit of interference if it's anywhere near the SPP. As in, I have to keep it on the opposite side of my body.

Last edited by Caconym (06 February 2019 06:52 pm)

Will you search through the lonely earth for me?
Climb through the briar and bramble? I'm waiting for you.

karelian65
26 February 2019 11:06 pm

Caconym, make sure you check out the Whites website and download some of the user manuals for the Tdi SL, which is a SPP with a conductivity switch, or is the SPP a Tdi SL without a conductivity switch? Anyway some of the guides are quite useful, same goes for a few of the online videos. For maximum sensitivity to small targets etc experiment with sweep speed, you will find a modest pace works best. I've noticed White's has started putting basic guides on the Tdi Sl underside as it does with some of their other machines.1551182471_012-crop.jpg

Good luck with your SPP, you will find it a great combo with the Sadie, just need it get it over the target.

All the best,
Karelian

1 user likes this post: mxt sniper

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site