Went For A Swing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys,looking forward to having a swing at the old fireplace,I would love to know the reason why the hut was built where it was.He must have had a good reason to build a home there.It is in very rough terrain with a gully running beside it.Could he have been mining gold in the gully?Maybe some of the story will reveal itself in the finds.

Just a quick wrap up photo of last years silver.
1547120498_a6165144-c277-45ca-818e-0ca359d979b9.jpg

Cheers guys,hope to find a lot more this year.Ever since Silver (thanks mate)sent me some silver coins I love finding anything silver.Smo,I am a bit vague on the spoon but I think I found it with the Alditector in my early days of detecting.The only thing in the photo I didnt find with a detector is the Ying Yang pendant.(surface find near a skate park).

I've detected a lot of spoons over the years, but surprisingly no silver silver ones so far - so you have done better than me in that respect. Good to see you enjoying the hobby, hopefully you will get into some more silver this year. :D

I haven't been out for a swing for a while with all these scorching hot days lately, but I forced myself to go for a quick swing a few days ago.Sweated my arzoff but it was great to be swinging the coil again.Not much to report though a couple of Roo pennies,a few brown buggers and a wolf Cub Scout badge from the 60s era and American from what I can gather.
The badge
1549367506_image.jpg

Badge and pennies
1549367591_image.jpg

Internet photo of similar badge.
1549367650_image.jpg

50 years ago, one of my jobs was to locate gravel in the East Kimberley Region. We were to extend the bitumen road from Hall's Creek towards Fitzroy Crossing and I was sent to locate gravel deposits. I was driving over low spinifex hills about 4 km off the Great Northern Hwy and came across a Valiant car. The doors were open, the key was in place and everything was in place...except for tyre tracks and footprints. I called up the Main Roads camp, who called the Hall's Creek police. The police officer came out some hours later and suggested that a group of Aboriginals were trying to get to one of the Missions and took a shortcut and ran out of fuel, or the motor conked out. As for no tracks, it must have been abandoned a few years earlier.
Never heard any more about it.

Interesting story Bobj, do you remember roughly where it was ?? Some of those old cars are worth a lot of money now. Just a thought.

I headed to a spot that I have wanted to swing over for a while now.I had a feeling that there had been houses on this land which are now gone due to the area being flood prone.My suspicions were realised when the first target I dug up was a brass doorknob (sorry forgot to take photo).Found a nice old brass teaspoon which I have cleaned up,a whistle ( the ACME Thunderer) which must be reasonably old because it was made in England not China and a nice ornamental furniture corner piece.I left a few targets in the ground so I will definitely return to swing another day.There has to be a coin or two there somewhere.A few bits of old pottery pieces were dug up as well.
1550551099_image.jpg

Today's hunt results $4.49.The XTerra was like a 1 & 2 cent vacuum cleaner. The BB's were everywhere.29 cents worth.Just finished 8 days of work so it was good to get out and have a swing.Also found the inner workings of a pocket watch which wasn't silver and pretty toasted so not worthy of a photo.
1555063034_image.jpg

While I am here,I just wanted to share something with you guys.This is not something I found,but an item a friend of mine brought into work to show me.It belonged to his Grandfather and has been looked at by a few experts and is believed to be a piece of trench art.Rising Sun badge with Mother of Pearl backing.Just thought I would share.
1555063410_image.jpg

Latest posts