DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hook up a little tommy gun on the side of the drone,

Then you would not have to get off the couch :lol: :lol:

Goody :)

good to hear madtuna,i know stuff all about them, had bit a a go at one at meekathara last year, p4p ,a fella that does search and rescue ,went price one after talking to u other day $2300 p4p got one more week to tyre kick

madtuna said:
Rockhunter62 said:
madtuna said:
Flatlander said:
Madtuna keep us in the loop what u think of the mavic pro is it the one with 6 sensors(mavic pro 2) ? been looking at the phatom 4 pro but i seen the other day thay stopping production of the P4Pro ?? But i have to make a decision in the next few weeks so any help from yourself or anyone alse would be appreciated FLATLANDER

Hi FL, just a quick update.

Got all the software loaded and as the wind finally dropped off this afternoon I took the thing for it's maiden flight.

Very impressed!

I've never been one for reading manuals and I suppose I should, but conected to the Ipad it's very user friendly and self explainitory. I just have to coordinate my fingers a bit better.

The camera is just brilliant. I spotted then scared the crap out of 6 camels and 4 horses at a water point about 4 klms from the homestead. I must have got down to about 10 feet above them before they decided to do the bolt.
Then I had fun chasing a few emus for a couple of minutes :D

Had a bit of a look about and then just hit the "return to home" button and about 5 minutes later it landed exactly where it took off from!

Early days yet but impressed so far.

Good way to be a bit sneaky checking the bores now Steve. :Y: A nice little accessory for your other new toy.

Cheers

Doug

Spot on!! Just a shame you can fit a gun to the drone :D

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVElxRKQ0E[/video]

Was the camels far from the home stead ?

I feel the drone is going to be a great help for you ...

No about 50klms away from the homestead.

Yep it will be. Apart from a great prospecting tool, the camels don't like the drone and run from it, I found I can turn them and get them running the way I want them to go.

The only thing that lets the drone down is me! But I'm getting better. One day I'll read the manual :D

About 7 klms I think but I've only flown it about 4....not that confident yet but if you did lose contact it's supposed to automatically fly home.

7 klms is a good distance to travel..

Wow amazing how it know how to automatically fly home again,

Technology has come a long way..

Tathradj said:
Sruth,
You went close to that tree/bush. LOL

Very handy for spooking Camels. :Y: :Y:
I think I actually hit that bush...oops!

Jaros....just under a klm away sitting in that ute.

Like the old joke,
As long as some one does not mistake the
drone for a crow and shoot it. :8

Out there the drone would be a fantastic bit of kit.
Nice and flat with hardly any obstructions you could
have a lot of fun and use for it.

Yes, I know the regs. :) :)

Great viewing could watch that all day rather than work, very cool , you got some good looking country out there .
Cheers Booney.

I don't like drones around my house...

But can see the advantage they would be for the country,

Being on a massive homesteads like you are,

It will come in handy for sure....

Looking forward to seeing more...

Cool video. I have learnt that I cannot adjust the washed out look of a video but if I take a screen shoot from it I can adjust the colours etc of that pic than apply those settings to the whole video. I use Cyberlink Powerdirector.

Latest posts