Coles Bridge river status

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are a few shot of Coles Bridge that I have just taken on the way back from Bathurst
1548986210_20190201_121337.jpg

1548986211_20190201_121357.jpg

1548986211_20190201_121359.jpg

1548986211_20190201_121401.jpg

1548986212_20190201_121403.jpg

1548986212_20190201_121406.jpg

The Turon received a good flushing last tuesday and wednesday arvo.

Got to love that!

Some creeks at Sunny Corner I have never seen running were running last Monday. Top soil in the surrounding digs had obviously been stripped too :perfect:

Was only up there the week before for 5 days, holy crap that certainly has pushed some debris around. We only got there on the tail end of the last gully raker that went through there.

Looking forward to the next outing, should be some flood gold up for grabs. :goldpan:

Hopefully will get a chance through the week, definitely next weekend though :Y:

Thanks for the update Bob

I was up there last weekend and found it challenging finding spots to dig with the water up but managed to pull 15-20 specs of gold, I also may or may not had accidentally misjudged the water depth and found a nice waste deep hole :lol: :lol:

MrPyro89 said:
I was up there last weekend and found it challenging finding spots to dig with the water up but managed to pull 15-20 specs of gold, I also may or may not had accidentally misjudged the water depth and found a nice waste deep hole :lol: :lol:

So it's YOU who's in this photo...
1549100190_1545815449_screenshot_20181209-222449_pages-manager.jpg

GaryO said:
Ooooh so those photos are from a thing called a flood.
Holy crap we will need to get them bloody things banned , look at the mess they make and the water looks all murky , and will probably take weeks to clear!

Dont tell the gummint about it or they will give 200 million bucks to one of their mates cousins wives to do an enquiry into the cause and release an enquiry that its the first flood in history that they know of and that its caused by global warming.

Their obvious solution will be to ban skiing in the Antarctic .

Hey all,

Just thought that I would let you all know that I headed out to Coles Bridge on the 6th of Feb. While I was out there I encountered 3 guys who claimed that they were there to do a little fishing. I was a little dubious about this as they only had 1 rod between them but didn't think too much of it until I noticed that they all had knives and what worried me most was they all had claw hammer hanging in their belts. I was about 100m away from where I was camped so when they headed for my camp site i packed up my gear and headed back to my car. After they had hung around in the river just off my camp site for about 30 mins I was starting to get a really bad feeling. They disappeared into the scrub just near by and while I could not see them I could still hear them. I packed up and bailed out. Just wanted everyone to be aware that this had happened as I am sure we have all been out and about alone with no phone coverage and no way to get help if required. I dont tend to spook easily but this situation of 3 to 1 had me worried.

I went up there about 4 weeks ago and met a few very nice and very helpful people, I went back up there the following weekend and got met by a bloke pestering me for a smoke (marijuana), do i have met some great people there and not so great people.

What was the conditions like up there? have much luck finding anything?

By the sounds of it you made the right choice of getting away from there

Hey MrPyro89,

Conditions were pretty good. Didn't actually get to run what I had dug but the test pan that i did showed good colour. I did bring a nice quantity of classified material home to pan out over the next week or so. Have to keep the gold fever at bay some how.. :lol:

Palm1975 said:
Hey MrPyro89,

Conditions were pretty good. Didn't actually get to run what I had dug but the test pan that i did showed good colour. I did bring a nice quantity of classified material home to pan out over the next week or so. Have to keep the gold fever at bay some how.. :lol:

I am Starting to run out of cons and was planning on going up this coming weekend to get some more, was going to head up on the weekend that just passed but we copped a few showers during the week so i thought i would give it a week to settle down, That's good that your found some good colours

Hurry up weekend!

goldtrapper said:
Saw a couple of vehicles at Coles Bridge today.....any luck???

I was there saturday.
There was a bloke camping there, had been there for 4 days already and im not sure how much longer he intended to be there for, he had some decent colours in his pan when i was speaking with him around the bend from the bridge where the outcrop of bed rock is. This is what i got for 5 hours of work

1550403696_coles_bridge_haul.jpg

Latest posts