⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick1 said:
Got permission to prospect on a Sand and Gravel yard. They get tailings from a Mine Site. My first morning excursion went promisingly well. Hoping it continues for quite a while.
2.31g for a morning is definitely making wages.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7222/1550291381_20190216_133250.jpg

Thats awesome Patrick 1 :Y: if it continues at that rate and is a permanent gig ya might never have to go bush again :perfect:
Best of luck to you :)

Had a fabulous day out in the GT today. Set 3 personal records; largest ever nugget, smallest ever nugget and first time I have got more than one in a day :)
Did this with my amazing GPX 4500, 12" NF and Pro-Find 35.

1550303619_copy_20190216_184500.jpg

Some great finds of late, not quite in the class of some but worthy of a mention anyway.
My Pommie fishing mate (Brian) has decided to take up prospecting ..... doesn't have/own a detector as yet so decided he could use my SDC.
Went to a place he wanted to detect where he'd seen plenty of diggings.
Turns out to be a location I'd detected previously with poor results but decided to spend the morning there anyway.
After some basic instruction on the SDC we started detecting, Brian using my SDC, me with the GPX. Explained that to start with people usually find their first few pieces as sub gramers and eventually strive for something over a gram, then double figure grams and eventually over the ounce .... didn't want him to get his hopes up too much.......
He managed a few of the usual pieces of junk (as well as a nice button) and I had a few targets located that I marked and then let him use the SDC on them .... all junk as well.
Afternoon we went to a new spot I'd researched, Brian went downhill and I went uphill .......
My total was zero (apart from some junk) ...... Brian on the other hand scored really well.
Bloody beginners luck he scored a very nice looking little nugget I estimated at around a gram !!!!!! Not really fair when I think about people trying to get their first gram piece without success and then have a total newcomer crack the gram mark with his first piece of gold especially after I'd told him how hard they are to find these days !!
Ended up at 1.04 gms after a clean, needless to say he's hooked. Always really great to put someone onto gold, especially newbies.
Cheers T.

1550315831_img_2970.jpg

1550315832_fullsizeoutput_1fcd.jpg

Couldn't think of a better way to spend the weekend :Y: great finds Pat. Good start for funding a dry blower :power: :fistpump:

Latest posts