Chassis mount duel battery D40

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone running a duel battery chassis mounted under a D40 ?
I've got an old 40Ah zap down there which needs an upgrade to run my new CFX 50 . Wondering what would be the best / biggest battery that will fit in the bracket. Also thinking of running an Anderson plug to the back tub off 6 mm for solar ,any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers Booney.

Booney,
No offence please, but if you and many others didn't ask questions in abbreviations you would have a better chance of getting an answer.

D40???
CFX 50 ????
thinking of running an Anderson plug to the back tub off 6 mm for solar????

All that aside I made up a Stainless carrier and fitted it under the tray of my Nissan Patrol Coilcab. It houses a reserve starting battery + 110AH Deepcycle.
The reserve starting battery has an isolator between it and main battery, activated when ignition is on, engine running.
Also, light welding cables run from reserve battery to Anderson mounted on tow bar and is plugged into same type of wiring directly to caravan batteries while travelling. (We found the factory installed wiring to the caravan plug was not heavy enough and the heavy amperage draw from caravan fridge while travelling long distances ran the batteries down.
The 110AH runs fridges on back of ute and also isolated from main battery and activated when engine is running. Also charged with permanently connected roof mounted solar and portable solar via Anderson plug while stationary and away from vehicle detecting.
This set up has never let us down. Isolators I fitted were this type, but top quality ($100+)

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/311987785111?chn=ps

Rockhunter62 said:
Ded Driver said:
im assuming D40 =Isuzu D-max D40, CFX = Waeco CFX 50L, & 6mm = 6 mm2 wiring size

You are asking for a smacking Deb Driver, do not insult the D Max. :N: A D40 is a Nissan Navara. :beer:

Cheers

Doug

OOOPS my bad :awful: ]:D :fistpump:
ahh well, someone had to havea crack at deciphering it
Booney owes me a beer for my black eye now :beer: :beer: ;)

No offence taken , I see your point Nightjar. I have a Nissan Navara D40 and a waeco CFX 50 fridge freezer running off a cigarette socket and thinking I will change it to run off an Anderson plug with 6mm2 cable and also add solar for backup charging .Thanks for your reply Im just putting it out there to see if any one is running a similar set up before I jump in on a new deep cycle battery . Trying to find the right one to fit is the thing , all the 100Ah sealed batterys Ive looked at are to big for the space, may have to modify the bracket . The information you have passed on is just the thing I was looking for thanks mate.
Cheers Booney.

Optima 34 yellow top can get from auto barn ,r j batteries run my engel 45 lt 3 day at average they put up with heat ,vibration u turn them on there side ,120 amp hours( by memory) look at there web site but don't charge them any more 10 amp 240 v charger to much for them at one time

There is anther battery type mount for D40 that mounts battery above wheel arch in tub if you need an option :perfect:
Think the insults to the Navara not the Dmax ;)
At least Navara gives you an LSD diff unlike the other
:playful: :lol: :p

have been thinking about a new 4WD for touring & camping
so when 'on tour' I want
A Navara & Stevie Nicks
with LSD in the rear ...... Diff
:cool:
but seriously, I cant really find a 4WD that has what I want, & doesn't have what I don't want.
and if only manufacturers would make proper provision for dual batteries :/

i run 2008 D40 i run 2 battery box set up,s from kings ,solar on ute,120w panel i just have them so i can grab and run with them (jump start motor bike sit near fridges , camp lights etc) both optimal, dont have nothing attached to ute because they run one of those different alternators that u can only run dc to dc charger on you can't run the module type be cearful

Thanks guys after absorbing all info and doing a bit of research I have come up with a duel battery solution for my navara d40 . I was unable to find a suitable battery to fit in the existing chassis mount so I scapped that set up and started again with a tub mount 110Ah crystal gell battery and a Projecta 25 Amp DcDc solar charger.
Made up a custom bracket that sits nicely on the wheel arch and it all runs 3x 12v sockets in the tub and one in the centre console. Also has volt meter and a USB outlet and an Anderson plug for the fridge and one for solar input . Yet to be tested in the field but very happy with how its worked out .
Cheers Booney
1551570125_d7194ff7-3976-46c1-ac7e-d646100d4a46.jpg

1551570126_f4aa1f5b-df77-4e10-a215-18564956f9a5.jpg

Thanks for that Ded I will be putting rubber boots on the cable ends and terminals as soon as they arrive from the eBay , all cables are protected by fuses Incase of a short but until then I will go rethink that issue with some sort of insulation. Cheers Booney.

Latest posts