You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Jarrod R
18 January 2019 04:41 pm

TheMediocritist wrote:

Thanks for the advice G0lddigg@, and for a peek behind the curtain!

I like both variants in your photos. But I think the power sluice will be fine for me... for now. Order placed!

I'll buy a cheap bike battery to get me going while I research lithium batteries a bit more.

Mate, have a look at these batteries at JayCar. perfect

https://www.jaycar.com.au/12-8v-18ah-de … t/p/SB2202

I bought 2 before christmas to run with the 8" power sluice and 3000 GPH bilge pump.

Light as (2.8kg) and I get well over an hour out of each battery.

They also don't slow down as they get flat, they just run at full capacity then cut out.

TheMediocritist
18 January 2019 05:54 pm

Jarrod R wrote:
TheMediocritist wrote:

I like both variants in your photos. But I think the power sluice will be fine for me... for now. Order placed!

I'll buy a cheap bike battery to get me going while I research lithium batteries a bit more.

Excellent, thank you. What charger do you use?

Jarrod R
18 January 2019 07:43 pm

TheMediocritist wrote:
Jarrod R wrote:
TheMediocritist wrote:

Excellent, thank you. What charger do you use?

Just an old 12v car battery charger I had lying around.

I have been meaning to get a cheap solar trickler charger from JayCar too to keep them topped up.

Something like this that Dustin recommends in his vids - https://www.jaycar.com.au/12v-1-5w-sola … r/p/MB3504

1 user likes this post: TheMediocritist

Ward69
18 January 2019 09:09 pm

Thanks for advice. As we spoke over phone a few months back. I'm have converting the 12v to 3a DC With a 3a fuse. Works well. If something get caught in the pump, it switches off.

G0lddigg@
18 January 2019 11:13 pm

Jarrod R wrote:
TheMediocritist wrote:

I bought 2 before christmas to run with the 8" power sluice and 3000 GPH bilge pump.

Light as (2.8kg) and I get well over an hour out of each battery.

They also don't slow down as they get flat, they just run at full capacity then cut out.

Damn thats light mate what a ripper. Price tah is right up there but thats the tradeoff i guess. I bought a new 36 amp hour agm battery last month it didnt survive the first road trip completely dead no voltage reading at all and of course lost in transit on its trip back lol such is life. My previous 34 amp hour powersonic agm was only $240 and about 16kgs fits nicely in a bucket too but i have to say the light weight options really tick the box for me.

*The real Gold is the Journey and the friends we make
Engineering Gold Sluices and Highbankers

TheMediocritist
27 January 2019 11:22 pm

I’ve had a long, hard week away from home thanks to this beast:
https://i.imgur.com/SV3Hb7k_d.jpg?maxwi … elity=high

... so it was great to get home and find the mini sluice waiting for me. Thanks G0lddigg@, and thanks for the gift too!

First impressions: it’s well designed and constructed (as expected from the 6” sluice I already owned) and a very manageable size/weight for hiking up the creek.

I’m itching to get out there and give it a run, but given the work situation, may not get to for a week or so. I’ll report back after I get that chance.

Good stuff!

1 user likes this post: G0lddigg@

G0lddigg@
29 January 2019 08:44 am

great to hear your recirc unit showed up mate, that plume looks scary though. hope to hear good reports back stay safe

ctxkid
29 January 2019 09:13 am

G0lddigg@ wrote:

i personally use supercheap auto as they have great buying power, i buy the 7 amp hour batteries and keep two in the car it gives me a good 4 hours run time for around $100 for two batteries.

that is expensive big time awful awful

i would sell you 4 for that money wink

Last edited by ctxkid (29 January 2019 09:14 am)

...................................................Such is life........................................................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

G0lddigg@
29 January 2019 09:28 am

ctxkid wrote:
G0lddigg@ wrote:

i personally use supercheap auto as they have great buying power, i buy the 7 amp hour batteries and keep two in the car it gives me a good 4 hours run time for around $100 for two batteries.

that is expensive big time awful awful

i would sell you 4 for that money wink

https://res.cloudinary.com/dyuctplmh/im … attery.jpg

not really expensive for the convenience having a stor ein every major city region around the country, they do have to pay the bills and keep the doors open for that convenience i don't mind supporting aussie businesses.

are you a battery supplier? shoot me a pm if you are happy to discuss purchasing, i'm all about making product available to customers.

Riffdigger
29 January 2019 07:56 pm

Hi GOlddig.
Sorry for crashing post but I’m still working on my quota for pm . ?

You may not remember but I’m proud to say I was the first person you sold the 6” recirc sluice to (first production one) and I absolutely love it .

However I have found that due to me leaving the mat out in the sun for a while on occasion the mat tends to become sticky and gets caught to the clamp and sluice when trying to remove it for cleaning .... is there some way I can residue this ? Maybe a soak in detergent or oil etc ?

TheMediocritist
29 January 2019 08:31 pm

I like these batteries (on paper at least):
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/p … se/ag-401/

6Ah in half a kilo (and tiny), or 9Ah in 750g. I’m going to pick up the Jaycar one and order the 6Ah antigravity battery to try out.

Last edited by TheMediocritist (29 January 2019 08:34 pm)

G0lddigg@
30 January 2019 09:27 am

Riffdigger wrote:

Hi GOlddig.
Sorry for crashing post but I’m still working on my quota for pm . ?

You may not remember but I’m proud to say I was the first person you sold the 6” recirc sluice to (first production one) and I absolutely love it .

However I have found that due to me leaving the mat out in the sun for a while on occasion the mat tends to become sticky and gets caught to the clamp and sluice when trying to remove it for cleaning .... is there some way I can residue this ? Maybe a soak in detergent or oil etc ?

hey mate awesome to hear you're loving your mini. yes the mat expands in the sun think of urethane as a foam, it has loads of minuscule pores that you cant see but that will expand in heat and like a suction cap with water will grab onto a smooth surface i.e. aluminium. the best way to fix this is the exact opposite of cleaning basically you want to fill those little pores if you can find some talcum powder get some onto your mat and rub it all over it will fill the pores and the problem is solved. i actually ship mats out with commercial talc dusted ot the bottoms so they dont stick when stored away and in retail stores.

Last edited by G0lddigg@ (30 January 2019 09:37 am)

2 users like this post: Jaros, Mackka

G0lddigg@
30 January 2019 09:31 am

TheMediocritist wrote:

I like these batteries (on paper at least):
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/p … se/ag-401/

6Ah in half a kilo (and tiny), or 9Ah in 750g. I’m going to pick up the Jaycar one and order the 6Ah antigravity battery to try out.

i love the idea of lithium but i was told by a supplier that they still aren't 100% stable and to wait a while until they stop blowing up. sadly its still common for these batteries to overheat and cause fires and as i carry most of my gear in my daily driver i'm sticking with the tried and true until someone proves otherwise.

ctxkid
30 January 2019 02:52 pm

G0lddigg@ wrote:

are you a battery supplier?

yes cool

...................................................Such is life........................................................

ctxkid
30 January 2019 02:55 pm

G0lddigg@ wrote:

i love the idea of lithium but i was told by a supplier that they still aren't 100% stable and to wait a while until they stop blowing up. sadly its still common for these batteries to overheat and cause fires .

mainly when charged incorrectly thumbsup

AussieChris
30 January 2019 06:00 pm

Love the idea of this 6" evolving into a mini highbanker, so February should see it available in a full package with the classic hopper style? or the hopper will just be an accessory to the Mini Cleanup that's already available now.

I used to own an RDH Goldbuster II but foolishly sold it. Been looking for a replacement ever since.

Top work Dustin thumbsup

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

G0lddigg@
31 January 2019 09:40 am

AussieChris wrote:

Love the idea of this 6" evolving into a mini highbanker, so February should see it available in a full package with the classic hopper style? or the hopper will just be an accessory to the Mini Cleanup that's already available now.

I used to own an RDH Goldbuster II but foolishly sold it. Been looking for a replacement ever since.

Top work Dustin thumbsup

hey Chris,

Absolutely i'll put this into a kit, initially it will be available as standalone addon and when we make the next batch of 6 inch units well add the additional holes into the cnc programming . I'm well overdue to put all of our range in kits as they have evolved so much this last 18 months i've been a bit bogged down in production to take care of the website and listings.

this means designing new boxes, ordering them in the hundreds and storing them etc so nothing ever happens overnight i'm afraid but i'm putting the hours in smile

5 users like this post: Jaros, Trusted, ProspectorPete, TheMediocritist, AussieChris

G0lddigg@
11 February 2019 04:55 pm

I posted a little video mucking around with some crusher ore last week on the facebook page cant see a way to embed the video here so here's a link for those interested in my front mount caravan mini highbanker smile

https://www.facebook.com/Highbankers/vi … 928459907/

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

RM Outback
11 February 2019 07:58 pm

G0lddigg@ wrote:

I posted a little video mucking around with some crusher ore last week on the facebook page cant see a way to embed the video here so here's a link for those interested in my front mount caravan mini highbanker smile

https://www.facebook.com/Highbankers/vi … 928459907/

Caravan mount thumbsup I like it thumbsup beer trophy I'm not on fb so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

G0lddigg@
12 February 2019 09:30 am

its just where i set my 6 inch banker up mate, I keep my caravan parked up at5 my warehouse the drawbar is the perfect height to run from into a bucket smile

1549924150_caravan.jpg

5 users like this post: goody2shoes, RM Outback, Mackka, Diggerman60, NUGS MONEY

RM Outback
12 February 2019 01:30 pm

G0lddigg@ wrote:

its just where i set my 6 inch banker up mate, I keep my caravan parked up at5 my warehouse the drawbar is the perfect height to run from into a bucket smile

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … aravan.jpg

Yeah the height does sound perfect thumbsup and the mount idea means it can be used in a dry area and test for colour after crushing. I've got the ability to cart in water and recirculate it so now my brain box is ticking thumbsup big_smile

Palm1975
13 February 2019 01:19 pm

I have the 6 inch mini sluice and love it. Really like the look of the high banker and the power sluice. Might have to be my next purchase I think.

1 user likes this post: AussieChris

G0lddigg@
13 February 2019 01:45 pm

Palm1975 wrote:

I have the 6 inch mini sluice and love it. Really like the look of the high banker and the power sluice. Might have to be my next purchase I think.

glad you're enjoying the gear mate thumbsup

Shep
14 February 2019 08:38 am

I don’t seem to get my 6” clean up sluice to stop clogging up. I start of with nice active cells but still it gets clogged up, where am I going wrong.

1550093813_01d93823-6e87-4be0-8c39-45b2d373fff6.jpg

Just kidding, it is an awesome little bit of gear. I am keen on getting the high banker attachment as well.

11 users like this post: Jaros, goody2shoes, G0lddigg@, AussieChris, Diggerman60, TheMediocritist, Chewy, Stru, RM Outback, ProspectorPete, Mackka

Jaros
14 February 2019 08:41 am

Great load of gold-nugget 's perfect

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site